TRACTENBERG & CO.
JOHN FRIEDA® GLOBAL CREATIVE CONSULTANT LUIGI MURENU
CREATES THE LOOK FOR ZAC POSEN FALL 2012
New York, NY (February 15, 2012) /PRNewswire/ — For Zac Posen’s Fall 2012 collection, John Frieda® Global Creative Consultant Luigi Murenu’s vision seamlessly blended the timeless glamour of the 1950’s and the allure of Japanese sophistication, creating a sculptural style with a twist of couture. “For sleek, flawless up-dos with clean lines, I wanted the look to evoke not just a different era, but a special cultural experience as well,” Murenu explains. “The structure and craftsmanship of the styles are meant to suggest an aspirational time and place. My goal was to make the models look like what I envisioned a modern geisha to be, infused with the sleek simplicity of 1950’s Hollywood glamour.”
The Inspiration: Japanese architecture
The Zac Posen Fall 2012 collection evokes the exotic, delicate elegance of Japanese architecture. Inspired by the minimalist yet impactful aesthetic of Japan’s structural designs, the innovative collection puts a modern spin on traditional silhouettes.
The Look at the Show:
To get the look, Murenu used the following steps:
- Step 1: Brush John Frieda® Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse evenly through dry strands, and blow dry completely to build texture
- Step 2: Pull hair back into a high, tight ponytail, and secure with elastic. Wrap elastic with black duct tape to get a sleek look
- Step 3: Spray hair with John Frieda® Luxurious Volume Extra Hold Hairspray to smooth out flyaways, then split the ponytail into small sections, backcombing and crimping each section to create different textures
- Step 4: Add a small rubber band to the end of the ponytail, leaving about ¾” from the end. Roll the ponytail under and to the left to create a chignon, and pin to the securing elastic
- Step 5: Flat iron the remaining 3” of ponytail, and position in an upward direction – it should have a modern Geisha feel. Follow with John Frieda® Luxurious Volume Extra Hold Hairspray to keep style in place, and finish with NEW John Frieda® Frizz-Ease® Sheer Solution™ Lightweight Frizz Control for extra shine
How to Get the Look at Home:
- Step 1: On damp hair work through 10 drops of NEW John Frieda® Frizz-Ease® Sheer Solution™ Lightweight Frizz Control and then thoroughly blow-dry to smooth hair and fight frizz
- Step 2: Brush hair into a high ponytail. Pull hair parallel from the outer corner of the eye back to get the perfect height. Secure ponytail with an elastic and secure the end of the ponytail with a small rubber band, leaving about 3-4” from the end
- Step 3: Spray hair with John Frieda® Luxurious Volume Extra Hold Hairspray
- Step 4: Roll the ponytail under and to the left to create a semi side bun, and pin to the securing elastic
- Step 5: Flat iron the remaining 3” of ponytail, and position in an upward direction – it should have a modern Geisha feel. Apply John Frieda® Full Repair™ Touch Up Flyaway Tamer to smooth out flyaways
Luigi’s Backstage Tip: “Frizz-Ease® Sheer Solution™ Lightweight Frizz Control is a staple in my kit. Not only do I use it on damp hair to tame frizz, but I also use it right before models walk the runway to keep styles smooth and extra shiny,” Murenu reveals.
WHAT IT COSTS: Luxurious Volume Extra Hold Hairspray $6.99; Frizz-Ease® Sheer Solution™ Lightweight Frizz Control and Full Repair™ Touch Up Flyaway Tamer $9.99 each
WHERE TO FIND IT: Food, drug and mass retailers nationwide
Kao USA Inc. is a leading manufacturer of premium beauty care brands that are recognized around the world for their innovation and quality. The Kao USA Consumer Products portfolio includes Ban® antiperspirants; Jergens® and Curél® hand and body lotions; Bioré® facial care; John Frieda® Frizz-Ease®, Root Awakening®, Luxurious Volume, Sheer Blonde®, Brilliant Brunette®, Radiant Red®, Full Repair™, Precision Foam Colour and Luminous Color Glaze® hair care. Founded in 1882, Kao USA Inc. is a member of the Kao Group of companies.
TRACTENBERG & CO.
Right-click the button below for ‘SAVE’ options