Six Flags Celebrates National Roller Coaster Day
Industry Leader Offering Early Ride Times, Coaster Marathons and Special Prizes
“We offer the broadest and most exciting collection of roller coasters and theme park attractions in the world,” said Tom Iven, senior vice president U.S. operations for Six Flags.
The company’s parks feature more than 130 coasters and its roster of iconic rides is legendary with many consistently ranked among the highest, steepest and fastest in the world.
“From our high-thrill, world-record breaking rides to our pint-sized thrills, Six Flags is the perfect place for the young and young-at-heart to celebrate National Roller Coaster Day,” added John Odum, senior vice president international park operations for Six Flags.
Among the highlights of National Roller Coaster Day at Six Flags parks:
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, where there are more coasters than any other park on the planet, is inviting guests to a day-long party celebrating the King of wooden coasters — Colossus — and the end of its 36-year reign at the park. Everyone who rides Colossus on its final day of operation will receive a one-of-a-kind farewell button.
- Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America will celebrate its 15th season, having given more than 23 million rides since its debut. Guests are invited to vote for Raging Bull or Goliath in the Ultimate Twitter Challenge for a chance to enjoy extended ride time on the winning coaster.
- Six Flags Great Adventure, the world’s largest theme park, is inviting guests to “ride and shine” by enjoying early ride times on two of the park’s most iconic attractions – the world’s tallest drop ride, the all-new Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, and Kingda Ka, the tallest and fastest coaster in the world. Additionally, Season Passes and roller coaster souvenirs will be awarded throughout the day.
- Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, is hosting a six-hour coaster marathon on all 9 of its coasters. Six pre-selected teams of 20 will ride from 8 p.m. Friday, until 2 a.m. Saturday, August 16 with a grand prize for the winning team.
- Guests visiting Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will be treated to double rides on all seven of the park’s coasters. Riders sitting in designated “lucky” seats will be given vouchers to redeem for cool prizes.
- Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, is helping kids “stay on track” this school year. Guests who donate at least 6 school supply items will receive $20.14 off the main gate admission price and all supplies will be to the YMCA of Greater Springfield. Guests will also be able to rank the park’s top coasters with the ultimate game of Penny Wars. All donated change will benefit the American Roller Coaster Enthusiasts Roller Coaster Museum.
- The Great Coaster Race is taking place at Six Flags America, near Washington D.C. Participants will be challenged to ride each of the park’s 9 roller coasters. The first 100 guests to finish the challenge and turn in their lanyards will receive prizes.
- At The Great Escape, the first 100 guests who ride all 5 of the park’s major coasters and get their commemorative coaster card punched can bring it to a retail location and receive a special anniversary Comet t-shirt. Additionally, American Coaster Enthusiasts will be given extended ride time on the much beloved Comet wooden coaster, celebrating its 20th anniversary at the park in 2014.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas, home to 2013’s best new steel coaster — the Iron Rattler — is encouraging guests to post photos on Twitter wearing their favorite throwback Fiesta Texas t-shirts for a chance at exclusive ride time on Iron Rattler and free tickets to the park.
Six Flags parks will also offer fun, interactive scavenger hunts and coaster competitions on Twitter and Instagram. Guests are encouraged to post photos with their favorite roller coasters to #SFcoasters.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions, including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com