A SNUGGLY THROWBACK THURSDAY:
SNUGGLE® BEAR CELEBRATES 30 YEARS OF SOFTNESS AND INNOVATION
During the month of SeptemBEAR, Lovable Pop Culture Icon Shares Birthday Wishes to Make the World a Softer Place and Announces Plans to Party All Month with Fans in Social Media
Today, 30 years later, Snuggle Bear’s unique voice has been refreshed and strengthened with a month-long SeptemBEAR social media and charitable initiative featuring custom content, exclusive fan rewards, and a Make-A-Wish® Foundation partnership. Plus, everyone is invited to a virtual birthday bash hosted by Snuggle Bear himself.
“Snuggle Bear represents a timeless message of making the world a softer place. His positive outlook and snuggly personality have made him more loved and relevant than ever,” said Bibie Wu, Vice President of Marketing, Snuggle. “Snuggle® has likewise been the ultimate in Snuggly Softness®, softening and scenting laundry for 30 years, and introducing industry-leading new product innovations to enhance and freshen your laundry regimen. Three decades after being ‘born,’ Snuggle® and Snuggle Bear are stronger than ever.”
Since being created in the early 1980’s, from the imagination of the Jim Henson’s Creature Shop, Snuggle Bear has become a beloved part of the pop culture landscape. He’s now been featured in everything from 1980’s cultural compilations to hit television shows to modern-day user-generated social media memes. Snuggle Bear has a growing social media presence with a remarkably high level of engagement among his fans and followers on his official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
To help celebrate his 30th birthday, Snuggle is hosting a month-long party for his fans, who won’t want to miss a moment of the fun:
- A virtual birthday celebration ‘Twitter’ Party hosted by @Snuggle_Bear will be held September 17 (1:00 – 2:00 PM EST) using #HappyBirthdaySnuggle
- A donation to Make-A-Wish Connecticut as part of the birthday celebration will be made. Snuggle Bears will also be donated to Connecticut chapter for Wish Kids throughout the state.
- The Snuggle Facebook page will be in celebration mode all month, encouraging fans to send birthday wishes to Snuggle
- Special Social Media Theme Days will provide even more opportunities to celebrate with Snuggle Bear:
- Giveaway Tuesdays: Fans will be able to enter to win a year’s supply of Snuggle® products and limited edition birthday bears
- Wish Wednesdays: Snuggle Bear will ask fans how they would celebrate his birthday and make the world a softer place. This user generated content will be used for picture posts and a series of e-cards created by Snuggle Bear.
- Throwback Thursdays: Snuggle ads, images and packaging will be featured in retro images
- Snuggle Bear will share photos celebrating his birthday and National Teddy Bear Day, on September 9 on Instagram
As one of the fastest growing brands in the laundry category, the Snuggle® brand continues to refresh its product offerings. In 2014, Snuggle® launched Snuggle Scent Boosters®, which gives laundry a boost of freshness with a convenient single pac. Visit www.Snuggle.com, and like Snuggle on Facebook and follow on Twitter and Instagram for more information.
As a leader in the fabric conditioning category for more than 30 years, Snuggle® has provided the ultimate in Snuggly Softness® and long-lasting freshness to loads of laundry. Recognized by its iconic Snuggle Bear, which was created by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop, birthplace of The Muppets and Sesame Street puppets, the Snuggle brand offers a variety of high-quality fabric conditioning products, including liquid softeners, dryer sheets, and scent boosters. Snuggle is manufactured by The Sun Products Corporation and is available at major retailers including most food, drug, mass, club and dollar stores. For more information, visit www.snuggle.com or www.facebook.com/snuggle.
About The Sun Products Corporation
The Sun Products Corporation, headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut, is a leading North American provider of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and other household products. With annual net sales of approximately $2 billion, the Company’s portfolio of products are sold under well-known brands that include all®, Snuggle®, Wisk®, Sun®, Surf®, and Sunlight®. In addition, Sun Products is the manufacturing partner for many retailer brand laundry and dish products in North America. For more information visit: www.sunproductscorp.com.
About Make-A-Wish Connecticut
The Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Connecticut grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Wish-come-true experiences can do wonders by providing a much-needed break from lengthy hospital stays and medical treatments. They give back to a child what a serious medical condition can take away—the chance to simply enjoy being a kid. The Connecticut chapter has made over 2,400 wishes come true since its inception in 1986. Learn more about Connecticut wishes at www.ct.wish.org, or join Make-A-Wish on Facebook (search Make-A-Wish Connecticut) and on Twitter (@MakeAWishCT).