BLACK+DECKER Finds More Than Half of Homeowners Have Unfinished Home Improvement Projects
Your Big Finish is a campaign initiative to motivate homeowners across the U.S. to complete their unfinished projects before the end of the year
The survey results inspired BLACK+DECKER to launch Your Big Finish. Designed to encourage homeowners to complete their projects by the end of the year, finished projects can be submitted for a chance to win weekly BLACK+DECKER products and a grand prize of $10,000, which will be awarded to one lucky DIYer. For added inspiration, BLACK+DECKER will highlight select projects on the Your Big Finish website, as well as on a Times Square billboard from Nov. 27 through Dec. 24. The contest launches today and runs through Dec. 28.
“We’ve all been there – the project is halfway done but life gets in the way. Walk one step away from a project and there’s a chance you’ll never go back. Your Big Finish is an exciting way to motivate homeowners to finish the undone projects, big or small,” said Allison Nicolaidis, President of BLACK+DECKER. “Not only do we want to help conquer procrastination and instill pride in do-it-yourself achievement, we also want homeowners to know they aren’t alone – it happens to us all. Luckily, with 100 years of creating tools to get the job done, BLACK+DECKER is here to help.”
Additional survey results include:
- The most common unfinished projects are room improvements (repairs, maintenance, updates, upgrades), followed by walls, including plaster repair, painting or shelf installation.
- Finances are the second biggest reason home improvement projects go unfinished, followed by skill-level.
- When asked how they feel about home improvement projects, respondents were most likely to feel “challenged,” but also “proud” and “accomplished.”
- The majority of homeowners surveyed said they do not set deadlines when taking on a project.
- To view the full survey results, please visit: http://yourbigfinish.com/survey-results
About the Survey
In October 2014, an online survey of 700 U.S. homeowners aged 25-45 was conducted by BLACK+DECKER using SurveyMonkey Audience. The margin of error is +/- 3.7 percent at the 95 percent confidence level. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.
Since 1910, BLACK+DECKER has been setting the standard for innovation and design of power tools, outdoor yard care equipment, and home products. The inventor of the first portable electric drill with pistol grip and trigger switch, BLACK+DECKER has evolved from a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland to a global manufacturing powerhouse with a broad line of quality products used in and around the home. When home owners have work to get done, they trust that BLACK+DECKER’s products will do the job efficiently and reliably. For more information on BLACK+DECKER products, visit www.blackanddecker.com or follow BLACK+DECKER on Facebook & Twitter.