Introducing The Technology of Us, a Provocative Discussion About the New Relationship Between Technology and Humanity
New e-Book, Hosted by TeleTech Founder and CEO Ken Tuchman, Brings Together Business, Design and Science Experts in a Conversation about Our Connected Future
“We believe the most important value for business in this emerging era is empathy. Put simply, successful organizations must see the world through the eyes of every customer who interacts with their brand. Only then can they harness the potential of technology to personalize every interaction and create a truly human experience — one that anticipates their customers’ needs, respects their time, appreciates their efforts and values their individuality,” explained Ken Tuchman, chief executive officer of TeleTech. “With The Technology of Us, we hope to inspire new perspectives for business leaders to thrive in this new world.”
The Technology of Us explores an emerging reality where technology allows businesses, organizations and people to connect more profoundly, as well as a future where technology becomes an extension of our humanity in new and surprising ways. The e-book explores these ideas through a collection of essays, interviews and multimedia from Ken Tuchman as well as the following leaders and thinkers:
- Gadi Amit, founder of NewDealDesign, on a higher calling for technology driven by feeling and emotional intelligence.
- Rachel Armstrong, professor of Experimental Architecture at Newcastle University, on the opportunities to apply ‘natural computing’ to rethink how we engineer and design for tomorrow’s world.
- Janine Benyus, biologist, innovation consultant and driver of the biomimicry movement, on biomimicry and its applications toward building sustainable products and processes.
- Erik Brynjolfsson, author and director of the MIT Center for Digital Business, on the relationship we embark upon with artificial intelligence in this new world.
- Laura L. Carstensen, founding director of the Stanford Center on Longevity, on the role of technology to extend our vitality and productivity in later years.
- John Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado, on how governments should catch up with businesses when it comes to engaging with and serving constituents.
- Randy Komisar, partner at venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, on an emerging approach to business that lies in valuing quality over quantity.
- Eric Ladizinsky, co-founder and chief scientist of D-Wave Systems, on how quantum computing and AI will help usher in this new wave.
- Jinha Lee, head of Samsung Electronics’ Interactive Visualization Lab, on the technology interfaces of the future.
- George Lucas, film director and entrepreneur, on the importance of developing visual communication for human innovation.
- Don Peppers, leading authority on customer-focused business strategies, on optimism for this new age and how we must embrace new modes of work and human capital.
- Doc Searls, author and respected technology writer, on how businesses will benefit from handing the reins over to their customers.
- Brian Solis, award-winning author and principal analyst at Altimeter Group, on how businesses’ success with today’s customers hinges on empathy.
- Don Tapscott, influential management thinker, on how we can unbundle today’s educational model to keep pace with tomorrow’s workers.
The Technology of Us is available online at thetechnologyofus.com, or can be downloaded for Kindle, iBooks and Nook.
TeleTech, founded in 1982, is a leading global provider of analytics-driven, technology-enabled customer experience solutions. The Company offers an integrated platform that combines consulting, technology, care and growth services to simplify and personalize interactions that build deep engagement between people and brands. This holistic, multichannel approach improves customer satisfaction, increases customer loyalty and drives long-term profitability and growth. From strategic consulting to operational execution, TeleTech’s 42,000 employees speaking over 50 languages in over 80 countries deliver results for Global 1000 clients in the automotive, communications and media, financial services, government, healthcare, technology, transportation and retail industries. Through the TeleTech Community Foundation, the Company leverages its innovative leadership to ensure that students in underserved communities around the globe have access to the tools and support they need to maximize their educational outcomes. For additional information, please visit teletech.com.
# # #