Princess Cruises Sweetens “Chocolate Journeys” With New Indulgences from Master Chocolatier Chef Norman Love
Princess Cruises Serves Up New Chocolate Offerings in Response to America’s Continued Love for Chocolate
More details about new “Chocolate Journeys” offerings can be found here: www.chocolatejourneys.com
PR Newswire – SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (Dec. 1, 2015)
Princess Cruises announced today a new series of exquisite chocolate offerings within the line’s exclusive “Chocolate Journeys” experience, as well as results from the second annual chocolate survey which measures America’s love for chocolate. In partnership with internationally acclaimed master chocolatier and pastry designer Chef Norman Love, the new chocolate offerings allow guests to indulge in even more deliciously rich experiences including custom-crafted signature desserts in new venues throughout the ship, chocolate pairings with tea and more.
“We’re delighted to continue our partnership with one of the most decorated chocolatiers in the world,” said Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. “It’s been an exciting journey working with Chef Love to create and share a variety of unique and delicious experiences that continue to surprise and delight our chocolate-loving guests.”
Norman Love - whose beautiful, silky, rich confections have been recognized by InStyle Magazine, Martha Stewart Living and O, the Oprah Magazine – has designed some of the most decadent, hand-crafted treats in partnership with Princess for the cruise line’s exclusive Chocolate Journeys program, available fleet-wide. Trained in France, and the former executive pastry chef of Ritz-Carlton, Chef Love’s creations blend premium quality chocolate, unique flavors and artful designs, applauded by all chocolate lovers.
“Without a doubt, chocolate is everyone’s guilty pleasure,” said Love. “These new chocolate creations give guests even more opportunities to indulge in something that makes them instantly happy, while creating lifelong memories aboard Princess Cruises.”
The new “Chocolate Journeys” offerings, rolling out fleetwide in early 2016, include:
- International Café Treats* - Each day in the International Café, a chocolate treat designed by Chef Love will be featured, from milk chocolate mousse, caramel and chocolate flan to peanut butter chocolate tarts and milk chocolate Chantilly éclairs.
- Horizon Court Breakfast Items - Throughout the voyage, savory breakfast items featuring touches of premium chocolate will be offered, such as chocolate muffins, Bretons, puff pastry and Danishes.
- Horizon Court Evening Treats - Each evening, a delicious new chocolate cake will be served so guests can sample a new flavor each night.
- Afternoon Tea – Offered during the line’s popular afternoon tea, guests will be treated to scrumptious chocolate bites designed by Chef Love, paired with a selection of flavorful teas and other traditional afternoon tea fare.
- Chocolate Soufflé - Available on select evenings during the voyage, the main dining room dessert menu will feature a new signature Chocolate Soufflé, developed in partnership with Chef Love.
- Chocolate Cookie - Chef Love unveils his unique recipes for delicious premium Chocolate Journeys cookies, found in select locations around the cruise ship, including the International Café and Movies Under the Stars.
*Nominal charge applies for certain items.
The chocolate-inspired survey commissioned by Wakefield Research once again confirmed that chocolate continues to bring people happiness.
This year’s findings include:
- Chocolate Lovers Anonymous - With more than half (51 percent) of Americans admitting to a chocolate addiction, it may not come as a surprise that more than two-thirds (68 percent) of the population admit to indulging nearly every week.
- What Turns Her On? - Among a list of traditional aphrodisiacs, not surprising that chocolate is still No.1 with 49 percent of adults considering it an aphrodisiac. In fact, 62 percent of women would be more impressed by her man baking a chocolate cake than changing a tire. However, while it may be the universal language of love, it may work too well as almost two-thirds (70 percent) of women would still choose chocolate over sex as their afternoon “delight.”
- Men Love Chocolate, Too! - Both men and women covet the cocoa – 83 percent of Americans think that men like chocolate just as much as women – and that includes 82 percent of men.
- Chocolate Fantasies – When asked which celebrity they’d like to drizzle chocolate on, 41 percent of women chose Adam Levine while 46 percent of men selected Scarlett Johansson.
Launched in November 2014, Chocolate Journeys is an immersive chocolate experience designed by Master Chocolatier Norman Love, exclusively for Princess Cruises offering guests delectable desserts, wine and chocolate pairings and specialty chocolate cocktails. Additional information about Princess’ Chocolate Journeys experience can be found at www.chocolatejourneys.com.
The Princess Cruises Chocolate Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research among 1,001 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18+, between Nov. 16 and Nov. 18, 2015, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult population ages 18+.
# # #
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided in an environment of exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess carries 1.7 million guests each year to destinations around the globe ranging in length from three to 111 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE:CCL; NYSE:CUK).
About Norman Love:
Norman Love is the award-winning master chocolatier who has been lauded 13 times by a leading consumer ratings magazine including recognition six times for producing the best ultra-premium chocolate, and most recently as a Best Buy for Special Chocolate for Valentine’s Day 2014. In June, 2014, Love was selected as the only American pastry chef to speak at the inaugural World Pastry Stars event in Milan, Italy. Love regularly appears on numerous television shows including the Food Network as a guest judge and also appeared on Julie Child’s classic show, “Baking with Julia” on PBS. His company, Norman Love Confections, creates and distributes handcrafted artisanal chocolates from the Fort Myers, Florida corporate headquarters that encompasses both production and retail operations. His chocolate salons are stylish retail shops with an intimate ambience in which customers may purchase chocolates or linger over house-made pastries, gourmet coffees, lattes and smoothies. For more information, visit www.normanloveconfections.com.
Additional media information is available at princess.com/news.