PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY SANDWICHES BEAT OUT MAC AND CHEESE FOR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD
Smucker’s® Survey Reveals that PB&J remains a timeless recipe
SHARE YOUR FAVORITE #MyPBJMoment with @Smuckers Tweet
ORRVILLE, Ohio (October 15, 2015) – A Smucker’s PB&J Survey, conducted by Toluna1, reveals that PB&J sandwiches are a timeless classic. The survey found that one-third of surveyed Americans (30%) chose PB&J sandwiches as their favorite comfort food over mac and cheese (21%) and grilled cheese sandwiches (19%).
“Whether you’re enjoying PB&J as an afternoon snack or making a PB&J sandwich for your own child, we know there’s something comforting about the classic combination of Smucker’s Fruit Spreads and JIF® Peanut Butter,” said Maribeth Burns, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company.
The Smucker’s PB&J Survey, which surveyed 2,000 Americans, found that each generation has a distinct reason for loving a PB&J sandwich:
- Nearly 50% of millennials say PB&J is their go-to lunch item, with 37% eating a PB&J sandwich more than two times per week.
- Nearly 60% of parents say it’s the easiest lunch and three out of 10 eat a PB&J sandwich themselves when making one for their child.
- 74% of grandparents love PB&J because it reminds them of their childhood.
Findings also revealed that PB&J is beloved for being great anytime, anywhere, making it an easy option when traveling. One-third of Americans agree that PB&J is the best travel food and nearly half of Americans surveyed agree that PB&J is the best travel food for kids.
Create your perfect PB&J sandwich using one of Smucker’s Fruit Spreads and JIF Peanut Butter.
About Smucker’s Fruit Spreads:
- Smucker’s Preserves are made with whole or large pieces of our high-quality fruit. Choose from a wide variety of scrumptious flavors, including classic Strawberry, Grape, Red Raspberry and Apricot.
- Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spread is made with real sugar and ingredients from natural sources, with no preservatives – it’s naturally delicious.
- Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads are made with fruit and naturally sweetened with honey. Savor the goodness of spreadable fruit in a range of flavors, from Strawberry to Blueberry Lemon.
Visit smuckers.com for PB&J tips and a full list of Smucker’s Fruit Spreads, additional product information and to find Smucker’s Fruit Spreads at a retailer near you.
1 Survey conducted by Toluna; July 2015; 2000 participants
About The J.M. Smucker Company
For more than 115 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Martha White®, truRoots®, Sahale Snacks®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix®, Milk-Bone®, Kibbles ’n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and 9Lives®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com
The J.M. Smucker Company is the owner of all trademarks referenced herein, except for the following, which are used under license: Pillsbury® is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC and Dunkin’ Donuts® is a registered trademark of DD IP Holder LLC.
Dunkin’ Donuts® brand is licensed to The J.M. Smucker Company for packaged coffee products sold in retail channels such as grocery stores, mass merchandisers, club stores, and drug stores. This information does not pertain to Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee or other products for sale in Dunkin’ Donuts® restaurants.
# # #