THE 2016 CHICAGO AUTO SHOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The Nation’s Largest Show Runs Feb. 13-21
PR Newswire, CHICAGO (Feb. 15, 2016)
Taking center stage at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show are more than 20 vehicles that made their world debut during the Media Preview including the Kia Niro, Ram Power Wagon, Nissan Armada, Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, Chevrolet Trax, Hyundai Santa Fe and Infiniti Q50 among others. More than a dozen concept cars are also on parade, including the Acura Precision, Buick Avista, Genesis Vision G, Kia Telluride and Nissan Murano Winter Warrior.
This year marks the 108th edition of the Chicago Auto Show. First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent. The show runs from Feb. 13-21 and opens at 9 a.m. each day. There are nearly 1,000 different vehicles on display throughout the more than 1 million sq. ft. of McCormick Place.
Follow #CAS16 and share your favorite moment from the @ChiAutoShow Feb 13-21 Tweet
“The Chicago Auto Show is truly a great indoor winter festival, featuring nearly 1,000 of the latest vehicles, interactive displays, cutting-edge technology and fun for the entire family,” said Colin Wickstrom, 2016 Chicago Auto Show chairman. “What’s more is show-goers can actually test drive vehicles during the show with four outdoor drives and three indoor test tracks including Camp Jeep and Toyota’s Blizzard to the Beach.”
During the two-day Media Preview, thousands of journalists flocked to the Windy City to get a first glimpse of 21 world debuts. Chicago Auto Show attendees can be the first to see the newest cars debuted, including:
- Chevrolet Trax
- Chevrolet Camaro 1LE
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Midnight
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Midnight
- Chevrolet Colorado Midnight
- Chrysler 200S Alloy Edition
- Chrysler 300S Alloy Edition
- Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package
- Ford Explorer BraunAbility MXV
- Kia Niro
- Kia Optima Hybrid
- Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Infiniti Q50
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Extreme Concept
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Worker
- Nissan Armada
- Ram Power Wagon
- Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
- Toyota RAV4 Rally
Supercars return to the 2016 Chicago Auto Show in full force. The lineup features the first North American auto show appearance for the Bentley Bentayga and includes:
- Acura NSX
- Aston Martin DB9
- Audi R8
- Bentley Continental GTC
- BMW i8
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
- Dodge Viper GTS
- Ford GT
- Lamborghini Huracan
- Lotus Evora & Exige
- McLaren 650S
- Rolls-Royce Ghost, Phantom Drophead and Wraith
Not that every day isn’t a special day down at the Chicago Auto Show, but show organizers have again added structure to the 9-day run of the show. Special days at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show include:
- Family Day: Monday, Feb. 15. The Chicago Auto Show will host family fun on Presidents Day. Manufacturers will host programs tailored to families, including kid-oriented activities and safety events.
- Women’s Day: Tuesday, Feb. 16. Women will be admitted for just $7. Manufacturers will present women-oriented programs on the purchase and lease of cars and maintenance.
- Hispanic Heritage Day: Friday, Feb. 19. On Hispanic Heritage Day, Chicago Auto Show exhibitors develop and host Hispanic celebration events.
- Chicago Auto Show Food Drive: Feb. 17-19. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for half-priced admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation.
The Chicago Auto Show also features hundreds of interactive, aftermarket, accessories and auto-related exhibits, competition vehicles, antique and collector cars.
To watch complete coverage of the 2016 Chicago Auto Show Media Preview press conferences, please visit http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chicago-auto-show-2011. For more information about the 2016 Chicago Auto Show, please visit www.chicagoautoshow.com.
About the Chicago Auto Show
The Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show on the continent, spanning more than 1 million square feet of production, concept, and exotic vehicle exhibit space. In addition to hosting multiple world and North America vehicle debuts, the Chicago Auto Show's First Look for Charity raises more than $2 million annually for 18 vital Chicago organizations in a single night. The 2016 public show will be February 13-21. For more information, visit ChicagoAutoShow.com or Facebook.com/ChicagoAutoShow.
About The Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Founded in 1904, the Chicago Automobile Trade Association is the nation’s oldest and largest metropolitan dealer organization. It is comprised of more than 400 franchised new-car dealers and an additional 150 allied members. The group’s dealer members employ about 19,000 people in the metropolitan area. The association has produced the world famous Chicago Auto Show since 1935. For more information please visit CATA.info.
Contact: Mark Bilek
Senior Director of Communications and Technology
Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Office: (630) 424-6082
Cell: (847) 652-0632
Contact: Jennifer Morand
Director of Public Relations and Social Media
Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Office: (630) 424-6084
Cell: (630) 391-1986