CULINARY INSPIRED CEREAL DISHES FOR DIY HOME COOKS LOOKING TO REIMAGINE BREAKFAST
Kellogg’s® partners with inventive chefs and culinary influencers to delight breakfast lovers’ taste buds
PR Newswire, Battle Creek, Mich., Dec. 1 2015
A crew of culinary influencers are inspiring home cooks to reimagine their breakfast by making delicious creations with a versatile favorite: cereal. Kellogg’s® and its breakfast brigade are encouraging families to think outside the cereal box, forever changing how they eat cereal.
From MasterChef Judge Christina Tosi, to the dynamic chefs featured at this year’s Taste Talks festivals in Brooklyn and Chicago, to talented foodie influencers featured on an array of cutting-edge digital media and content platforms such as Tongal, Philo Media, TasteMade and Meredith Xcelerated Marketing (a part of Meredith Corporation), each member of this culinary crew has created inventive new recipes using Kellogg’s cereal to truly wake up breakfast lovers’ taste buds. Of the 50 unique combinations they dreamt up, here are a few to whet your appetite:
- Matcha Mornings Bowl – Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats® combined with matcha powder and skim milk and topped with sliced bananas and flax seeds. (Angel Wong – “Angel Wong’s Kitchen” – Tastemade influencer)
- Pistachio Lemon – Kellogg’s Special K Original®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, milk, pistachios, lemon zest and thyme. (Chef Christina Tosi – owner/founder/chef Milk Bar)
- Kellogg’s Raisin Bran® Carrot Cake – Kellogg’s Raisin Bran® mixed with grated carrots, chopped walnuts, dried pineapple, coconut flakes, skim milk and a dash of cinnamon. (Lazarus Lynch – “Son of a Southern Chef”- Tastemade influencer)
- Ginger Zinger – Kellogg’s Rice Krispies® with coconut-ginger yogurt, diced peaches, chopped cashews, sliced basil and mint. (Chef Adam Melanos)
- Mediterranean Morning – Kellogg’s Rice Krispies®, skim milk, pistachios and goat cheese crumbles, drizzled with honey. (Meredith Xcelerated Marketing - a part of Meredith Corporation)
- Corn Flakes® Chilaquiles – Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® warmed in the microwave with an egg, milk and cheese and topped with avocado, tomato and a dollop of sour cream. (Meredith Xcelerated Marketing - a part of Meredith Corporation)
“It’s no secret that I love Kellogg’s cereal, so using it as the base for new flavor combinations makes the possibilities endless,” said Christina Tosi, chef, owner and founder of Milk Bar, and MasterChef judge. “It’s all about experimentation – whether that’s venturing into the spice cabinet or using a zest of citrus – mixing up your breakfast should be fun, and above all, delicious.”
Visit www.stirupbreakfast.com or check out #StirUpBreakfast for inspiration, recipes and tips for creating custom cereal creations at home.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With 2014 sales of $14.6 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Our brands – Kellogg’s®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. Through our Breakfasts for Better DaysTM initiative, we're providing 1 billion servings of cereal and snacks – more than half of which are breakfasts – to children and families in need around the world by the end of 2016. To learn more, visit www.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on Social K.
# # #