New Recipes and Videos Featuring Chef Robert Del Grande Now Available
PR Newswire – Fresno, Calif. (November 18, 2015)
The holidays are quickly approaching and this time of year we are all looking for inspiration to make our dishes extra special. According to award-winning Chef Robert Del Grande of Houston’s highly-acclaimed RDG + Bar Annie Restaurant, California Dried Figs should be a pantry staple to create simple and delicious recipes to spice up the holidays and all year long.
“Great cooking is easy with the right ingredients on hand,” says Del Grande. “That’s why I always have California Dried Figs in my pantry to add a twist to holiday dishes and recipes year-round. Figs truly elevate simple dishes to extraordinary. So the next time you are in the market be sure to pick up California Dried Figs for your pantry. And, remember: When you think delicious, think figs. And, when you think figs, think California!”
Del Grande has created six new recipes and videos featuring simple dishes made delicious with California Dried Figs including:
- Pasta with California Dried Fig Sofrito & Parmesan – Elevate a simple pasta dish with California Figs
- Quinoa Salad with California Dried Figs & Wilted Kale –This colorful quinoa salad with California Figs looks as good as it tastes
- Chile Con Queso with California Dried Figs & Serrano Chiles – This twist on a favorite dip combines spicy serrano peppers and sweet California Figs
- California Dried Fig & Cider Sauce – California Figs marry with cream and cider vinegar for a sauce that’s perfect over roasted meats or pasta
- Baby Carrots with California Dried Figs & Ginger– Pump up the flavor of glazed carrots with California Figs
- Yogurt with California Dried Figs & Nut Butter – Combine California Figs with yogurt, nut butter and warm spices for a creamy treat
California Dried Figs are available year-round and add flair to any dish. An excellent source of dietary fiber, high in antioxidants and a good source of calcium, natural California figs are also fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free.
For more information and recipes, plus Del Grande’s new California Dried Fig recipes and videos, visit www.californiafigs.com.
About the California Fig Advisory Board and the California Fresh Fig Growers Association
The California Fig Advisory Board and California Fresh Fig Growers Association promote awareness and the use of California-produced dried and fresh figs domestically and internationally. California Fig growers, processors and marketers fund the activities of the industry.
Spice up the holidays with dried #CAfigs! New recipes and videos can be found at http://tinyurl.com/qzgfxly Tweet