General Mills Big G Cereals Share Many Reasons to Celebrate #NationalCerealDay
From unique cereal recipes by Chef Justin Warner to simply enjoying a favorite bowl, cereal lovers of all ages are encouraged to share how they are enjoying cereal again on #NationalCerealDay
PR Newswire – MINNEAPOLIS – Feb. 29, 2016
Cereal has been a breakfast staple for more than a century, and today, parents and kids are pouring a bowl at all hours of the day. Now, thanks to General Mills, there are more reasons than ever to love cereal and celebrate this year’s National Cereal Day on Monday, March 7.
To inspire coast-to-coast celebrations on the unofficial holiday, General Mills partnered with Food Network’s Chef Justin Warner who developed customized spoon-worthy, cereal-infused recipes. For details on how to plan a family-friendly #NationalCerealDay party complete with Chef Warner’s recipes for Trix Sunrise Chill Pie, Fruity Cheerios Coladas and Cocoa Puffs Beets, visit: A Taste of General Mills.
From Chef Warner’s cereal-ously awesome recipes to recent renovations to the Big G cereal portfolio, General Mills is celebrating #NationalCerealDay for the many reasons why parents and kids can feel good about enjoying their favorite cereals. Moms and dads stocking up on cereals for #NationalCerealDay, or every day, will find that:
All General Mills Big G cereals have whole grain as the first ingredient
Many childhood favorites have decreased sugar levels to be 10 grams or less per serving
Cereal is a good or excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin D and Calcium
75 percent of General Mills cereals do not contain artificial flavors and colors from artificial sources
“We continue to take steps to improve our cereal recipes by removing artificial flavors and colors from artificial sources and reducing sugar, all while delivering on the great taste and fun people love,” said Lauren Pradhan, senior marketing manager for wellness strategy in the Cereal division. “We believe these ongoing changes will really allow parents to love the General Mills cereals they grew up with and feel great about serving it to their own children.”
Whether choosing cereal at breakfast, as an afternoon snack or for dessert, there are many reasons to love cereal again. For starters, here are General Mills Big G cereals’ top 5 reasons.
Top 5 Reasons to Enjoy Cereal Again and Celebrate #NationalCerealDay
5. Like a fine wine… some things get better with time. Saturday morning cartoons can now be streamed at any time of the day. Yoga pants and leggings permit grown adults to wear pajamas all day long. On #NationalCerealDay, celebrate something else that has only gotten better with time: childhood favorite cereals from General Mills.
4. The cereal game just got real. Love the colorful pieces in Trix and Fruity Cheerios? Well, General Mills’ new cereal recipes now include fruit and vegetable juices, and spice extracts like turmeric and annatto to achieve the fun red, yellow, orange and purple colors. Plus, Reese’s Puffs and Golden Grahams now incorporate natural vanilla flavor to achieve the delicious taste that adults and children have come to love.
3. Delicious and nutritious. All General Mills Big G cereals have whole grain as the first ingredient, including at least 8 grams of whole grain per serving. Nationwide, General Mills helps deliver 37.5 million whole grain servings per day! Now, that’s a whole lotta grains.
2. Did someone say cereal cocktail? Yep, thanks to Chef Justin Warner, there are even more ways to enjoy favorite cereals. This year, parents can celebrate #NationalCerealDay with a Fruity Cheerios Colada or mix up a mocktail for the kids.
1. Share the love. Munch on it, slurp it or decorate with it! Cereal lovers nationwide are sharing how they enjoy their cereal using #NationalCerealDay to create the ultimate-virtual-breakfast-party. Yes, that’s a thing. Or at least, it is now.
With increased whole grains, reduced sugar and the removal of artificial flavors and colors from artificial sources, there’s never been a better time to celebrate cereal. General Mills has the cereal and #NationalCerealDay tips, recipes and inspiration. Now, just add milk!
About General Mills
General Mills is one of the world’s leading food companies, operating in more than 100 countries around the world. Its brands include Cheerios, Fiber One, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Wanchai Ferry, Yoki and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., USA, General Mills had fiscal 2015 worldwide sales of US $18.8 billion.
Share how you enjoy cereal with #NationalCerealDay