Whirlpool Brand Introduces Kitchen and Laundry Innovation Inspired by Care at CES® 2017
Appliance brand brings heart to smart with care-centric product innovations and game-changing creations from WLabs of Whirlpool Corporation
PR Newswire, LAS VEGAS, Jan. 3, 2017
Whirlpool brand is bringing its Every day, care® campaign to this year’s CES® to continue championing the importance of seemingly small acts of cooking, washing and cleaning in shaping the people we love and the world we live in. The brand is warming the sea of cold technology with smart appliances designed to fill real human needs and the Care Counts™ program, which tracks the connection between a student’s access to clean clothes and their school attendance. Also on display at the show will be innovations from WLabs, Whirlpool Corporation’s innovation incubator.
“We use technology as a medium to help families care for each other and the larger community,” said Ryan Morand, senior brand manager, Whirlpool brand. “From creating appliances with remote capabilities so you can care for your family from anywhere, to studying how clean clothes can help a child’s education, we believe in the power of small acts of care.”
Located in the Smart Home section at the Sands Expo center, the Whirlpool® Every day, care® experience will take place in booth #41730, where attendees can experience award-winning product innovations:
- The Whirlpool® booth will showcase the latest in Whirlpool® Smart Appliances, which harmonize Whirlpool features and appliances to provide families control from anywhere:
- The Fingerprint-Resistant Smart Kitchen Suite helps families organize, schedule, cook and clean whether at home or on the go through remote controls and notifications. The four-piece collection – refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and stove – provides personalized care by learning what a family cooks, how they cook it, and automatically recommending customized presets so family favorites are just a click away. In addition, some of these smart appliances learn how families are using the features, making them easier and quicker to use over time.
- To make cooking even more convenient, anticipated industry-first Scan-to-Cook technology sends the right cooking instructions and settings straight to the appliance every time, recognizing food when its UPC barcode is scanned with a mobile phone .
- The Whirlpool booth will also offer visitors a chance to explore breakthrough new products from WLabs, Whirlpool Corporation’s innovation incubator. Debuting at the show is the revolutionary Zera™ Food Recycler, the third innovation from WLabs. Built to convert household food waste into homemade fertilizer, the Zera™ Food Recycler can break down a week’s worth of the average family’s food waste within 24 hours – and 95 percent of a typical family’s food waste overall. Visitors will also have the opportunity to interact with Zera™ through the Whirlpool® mobile app and sign up for pre-orders of the product through Indiegogo starting January 6. Also on display from WLabs will be the Vessi™ Beer Fermentor and Dispenser system. Launched earlier in 2016, the Vessi™ system ferments, carbonates and dispenses home-brewed beer in as little as seven days.
- Through the groundbreaking Care Counts™ program, Whirlpool® provides students with access to clean clothes and studies the connection between clean clothes, attendance rates and chronic absenteeism. Visitors to the booth will be able to see how Whirlpool® is using technology to track the impact of clean clothes on a student’s education.
Whirlpool brand is also unveiling a new logo at CES® 2017. The new logo reinforces simplicity and is designed to showcase what Whirlpool delivers - appliances that save time and help families care for each other. While daily responsibilities may seem insignificant and tedious, they are an impactful expression of love and play a fundamental role in shaping the people we love and the world in which we live. The new logo will be featured on Whirlpool brand appliances and all assets and materials in the future.
Whirlpool Corporation and Whirlpool brand also are bringing home six International Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ 2017 CES® Innovation Awards for new and innovative kitchen and laundry products, including the Zera™ Food Recycler by WLabs of Whirlpool Corporation, Whirlpool® 2-in-1 Over the Range Microwave Convection Oven, Whirlpool® French Door-within-Door Refrigerator and the Whirlpool® Smart All-in-One Care™ Washer and Dryer Combo.
For more information on the company’s care-centric products and to join the conversation, visit ces.whirlpool.com and follow #EveryDayCare.
 Requires WiFi and account creation. App features and functionality subject to change. Subject to Terms of Service available at: www.whirlpool.com/connect. Data rates may apply.
 Based on estimated 3.5 kg weekly household food waste for average U.S. family.
 Brew times will vary. Based on a light blonde ale beer at 3.3% ABV and use of clarification agent.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and innovations that make their experience effortless, intuitive, and easy – whether that means most flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes with the latest in connected technologies. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity's largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
# # #
Whirlpool Corporate and Whirlpool Brand Earn Six CES 2017 Innovation Awards Whirlpool Corporate & Amazon Team Up to Deliver Next Generation Voice-Controlled Appliances A Fit for Every Family: Whirlpool® Debuts Award-Winning French Door-within-Door Refrigerator Whirlpool® Introduces Smart Home Lineup Whirlpool® Survey Reveals Homeowners Wise to Smart Home Technology Whirlpool Corporation Debuts New Zera™ Food Recycler on Indiegogo Transfer-Free Laundry: Whirlpool® Introduces Smart All-in-One Care™ Washer and Dryer Combo Whirlpool™ Introduces Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless Steel Kitchen Suite with Matte Finish