Toys“R”Us® Unwraps The 2017 Holiday Hot Toy List
Retailer Celebrates 20th Anniversary of the Only List that Matters with Geoffrey’s Top 20, New Services and More
Wayne, NJ (September 7, 2017) – Attention moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas and everyone in between: Toys“R”Us® today unveiled its 2017 Holiday Hot Toy List. As the leading expert on all things toy, the Toys“R”Us team has traveled the world over the past two decades to uncover hot trends and toy phenomena like Tickle Me™ Elmo, Zhu Zhu Pets®, Hatchimals™ and more, so they can provide parents and gift-givers with the inside scoop on kids’ most-wanted playthings. This year’s list is no exception, featuring items from Hatchimals Surprise™ to PAW Patrol Sea Patroller™ and more than 20 items available exclusively at Toys“R”Us (cue Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder™). Eager holiday shoppers can rest easy knowing they can get the comprehensive list of this year’s 50 hottest toys at Toysrus.com/HotToys.
“At Toys“R”Us, it’s serious business deciding which toys make the cut and end up on our Holiday Hot Toy List, ” said Ariana Gentry, Toys“R”Us President of Play. “Not only is this year’s list filled with ultra-hot and kid-approved gifts – but I can personally say that each of these toys are super FUN to play with!”
Check out the @ToysRUs 2017 Holiday Hot Toy List! #TRUHotToyList Tweet
“For 20 years, we’ve provided the Toys“R”Us Holiday Hot Toy List to help aspiring Santas plan their shopping lists even before kids write their wish lists,” said Richard Barry, Executive Vice President, Global Chief Merchandising Officer, Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us®. “If you want to be a hero this holiday, there’s no reason to shop anywhere else. We’ve got the most sought-after toys including FURREAL ROARIN’ IVORY, THE PLAYFUL TIGER, Glimmies™ Glimtern or Power Wheels® Boomerang™ – and dozens of others that simply can’t be found anywhere else.”
Helping celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Holiday Hot Toy list, gift-givers can find Geoffrey’s Top 20 toys (the best of the best of the list) – and more – in-store and online:
- 3-in-1 Sports Zone from Little Tikes®
- Baby So Sweet 16-Inch Nursery Doll from Toys“R”Us® (Available only at Toys“R”Us)
- Coco Interactive Guitar from Mattel® (Available beginning October 1, 2017)
- Doc McStuffins All-in-One Nursery from Just Play™
- Fingerlings™ from WowWee™ (Unicorn Gigi available only at Toys“R”Us)
- FURREAL ROARIN’ IVORY, THE PLAYFUL TIGER from HASBRO (Available only at Toys“R”Us beginning November 1, 2017)
- Glimmies™ Glimtern from Just Play™ (Available only at Toys“R”Us)
- Hatchimals Surprise from Spin Master™ (Available beginning October 6, 2017)
- Imaginext® DC Super Friends™ Batbot Xtreme from Fisher-Price®
- L.O.L Surprise™ Big Surprise from MGA Entertainment® (Available beginning September 29, 2017)
- NERF RIVAL NEMESIS MXVII-10K Blaster from HASBRO
- Nintendo Switch™ with Gray Joy-Con™ from Nintendo
- Of Dragons, Fairies, and Wizards™ Magical Fairy Wand Fairy Princess Fern from Cepia LLC
- Oonies™ Mega Starter Pack from Moose Toys™ (Available only at Toys“R”Us beginning October 1, 2017)
- PAW Patrol Sea Patroller from Spin Master™
- Pikmi Pops™ Surprise! Jumbo Plush from Moose Toys™ (Available only at Toys“R”Us beginning October 1, 2017)
- Power Wheels Boomerang from Fisher-Price® (Available only at Toys“R”Us)
- Power Rangers Ninja Steel Lion Fire Fortress Zord from Bandai™ (Available only at Toys“R”Us)
- Project Mc2™ Smart Pixel Purse from MGA Entertainment®
- Shimmer and Shine™ Magical Light-Up Genie Palace from Fisher-Price® (Available only at Toys“R”Us beginning October 1, 2017)
Here are a couple of ways to make shopping this year’s Holiday Hot Toy List experience even better:
Price Match – As the biggest (and best) toy store around, there’s no need for shoppers to visit multiple retailers just to ensure they’re getting the best deal. That’s where Price Match comes in. If customers find a hot toy (or any toy, really) advertised at a lower price at another store, Toys“R”Us will honor its Price Match Guarantee. Don’t know the details? See here.
New Toys“R”Us “Kids Play Better” Videos – Truth is, parents aren’t always in tune with the toys topping kids wish lists these days. To spotlight the hilarity that ensues when grown-ups “attempt” to unbox and play with Geoffrey’s Top 20, Toys“R”Us has launched an all-new can’t-miss video, with more to come, here.
Hot Toy Finder – New this year, the company’s Hot Toy Finder allows gift-givers to pin point exactly where items featured on the Holiday Hot Toy List are located in their local Toys“R”Us store. It’s easy: enter any hot toy, along with a zip code, and a map of the store appears showing precisely where and in what aisle the toy can be found.
Free Layaway – Whether looking to stretch budgets, secure must-have toys early or keep big gifts hidden from curious little eyes, Toys“R”Us will once again offer free layaway service this holiday season, waiving the usual fee. Pickup dates and details can be found here.
Customers can view real-time updates on social media using #TRUHotToyList or by following Toys“R”Us on the channels below.
To download the full Holiday Hot Toy List, product descriptions, images, videos and the company’s “Kids Play Better” video, visit Toysrusinc.com/blog/HotToyList2017.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 879 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam, and in 815 international stores and over 255 licensed stores in 37 countries and jurisdictions. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com, the company provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Toys“R”Us, Inc. is headquartered in Wayne, NJ, and has nearly 65,000 employees worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Over the past three decades, the Company has given more than $100 million in product donations to children’s charities. Since 1992, the Toys“R”Us Children’s Fund, a public charity affiliated with Toys“R”Us, Inc., has also donated more than $130 million in grants. For more information, visit Toysrusinc.com or follow @ToysRUsNews on Twitter.