Let’s Acknowledge All Of The Men Who Were There To Care This Father’s Day
Dove Men+Care celebrates all father figures who show extraordinary care and play a significant role in shaping others
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ, June 6, 2017—Men’s caring roles are evolving—today there are many different types of men who play instrumental roles in shaping and caring for others. That’s why this Father’s Day, Dove Men+Care will celebrate dads and all of the strong father figures who have been there to care, from grandfathers and uncles, to teachers and coaches.
“Dove Men+Care is committed to celebrating modern men, and we know that men view their caring side as a true part of their masculinity—75% see it as having a positive impact on society1,” said Nick Soukas, VP Skin Cleansing & Baby Care for Unilever. “That’s why, this Father’s Day we want to acknowledge the many ways that men are making a significant impact by caring for others, and create an opportunity to thank them too.”
The Real Men Who Are Always ‘There to Care’
Reflective of the many men who are stepping into these roles, Dove Men+Care is releasing a NEW film called, ‘There to Care,’ a collection of four home videos posted by real people, capturing real men who embody the many strong male figures who go above and beyond to care for others. Moments captured in the film, ‘There to Care’ include:
- Grandfather – Martin O'Brien, Wishaw, SCT
- The clip shows Martin and his grandson Jayden sitting in the living room in his home town of Wishaw, Scotland where they’re spending quality time playing the game ‘Pie Face’ together.
- Teacher – Barry White Jr.,Charlotte, NC
- A fifth-grade teacher at Ashley Park Elementary in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school district in North Carolina has a personalized handshake for each of his students, and he greets them with it at the start of each day.
- Uncle – Scott Tarabilda, Seattle, WA
- Anna Tarabilda’s son, Cohen, loves his uncle Scott, who would take time out from being with his friends in college to visit and spend time with his young nephew.
- Coach – Larry Gilmer, Russellville, AL
- As the head middle school football coach at Russellville Middle School, Coach Larry Gilmer treats each of his players and everyone in the community like family, regularly reminding them all how much he loves them.
Visit www.DoveMenCare.com/Fathers-Day to watch the film ‘There to Care’, and join the conversation by sharing who was #ThereToCare for you by tagging @DoveMenCare on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Grooming Products Designed To Care For The Men Who Care For Others
Dove Men+Care knows that male strength today is about embracing care for oneself and others. 91 percent of men believe they need to take care of themselves in order to be able to take care of others1. Dove Men+Care has a full line of grooming products specifically designed to care for men’s skin, face, hair, and underarms. For more information, go to www.dovemencare.com.
About Dove Men+Care US
Dove Men+Care is the first range of products from Dove developed specially for men. Manufactured by Unilever, the line includes the #1 dermatologist recommended body wash. Launched in 2010, the Dove Men+Care portfolio includes bars, body washes, face care, anti-perspirant/deodorants, and hair care. Dove Men+Care is available nationwide in food, drug, and mass outlet stores.
Dove Men+Care “Dad Care Package” Program
Dove Men+Care will also continue to demonstrate its commitment to dads from the very beginning through its “Dad Care Package” program for a third year. The program will equip dads with skin, face, hair and deodorant products, as well as Baby Dove Tip to Toe wash. This ensures that dads can have access to the tools they need to better take care of themselves and their new families during the busy and exciting journey of new parenthood. The care packages also feature a burp cloth and “welcome letter” with words of encouragement from real dads. In its third year, Dove Men+Care continues to expand its network of hospitals, distributing “Dad Care Packages” to 15,000 dads across the country.
About Unilever United States, Inc.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in more than 190 countries and reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Country Crock, Degree, Dollar Shave Club, Dove, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Seventh Generation, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TONI&GUY, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs approximately 8,000 people in the United States – generating more than $9 billion in sales in 2016.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan commits to:
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
- Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever ranked number one in its sector on the 2016 Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Facebook visit: www.facebook.com/unileverusa
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Twitter follow: @unileverusa
1 2014 Dove Men+Care ‘Care Makes A Man Stronger’ Research