Hot Books: Putin says Russia wants peace and calls US actions hypocritical
In new book, The Putin Interviews, Putin claims he wants to restore American-Russian relations, sign an anti-ballistic missile treaty, and partner on fighting terrorism.
“If Vladimir Putin is indeed the great enemy of the United States, then at least we should try to understand him.” —Oliver Stone
New York, NY (July 10, 2017)—Academy Award winner Oliver Stone secured what journalists, news organizations, and even other world leaders have long coveted: extended, unprecedented access to Russian President Vladimir Putin. The day after Showtime® completed the broadcast of its four-part documentary, a series of interviews between iconic filmmaker Oliver Stone and Russian President Vladimir Putin, Hot Books, a division of Skyhorse Publishing, has published The Putin Interviews: Oliver Stone Interviews Vladimir Putin, the complete transcript of the original interviews, containing additional content not included in the Showtime series.
No topics are off limits in the interviews, which first took place during Stone’s trips to meet with NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden in Moscow, and most recently after the election of President Donald Trump. Among other revelations, Putin claims that:
- Russia wants peace with the US, and that he “wants to restore American-Russian relations.”
- Putin wants to sign the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) treaty with the US.
- The Russian hacking story is really about internal politicking in the US and has nothing to do with Russia.
- Russia is looking to partner with the US to fight terrorism.
- Statements that Russia attempted to influence the outcome of the 2016 US election are “all lies.”
- The US media does not distinguish between the election hacking and the hacked emails from Wikileaks, and they ought to be treated separately.
In #ThePutinInterviews with @TheOliverStone, @PutinRF_Eng says Russia wants peace and calls US actions hypocritical Tweet
“Any talk about our influencing the outcome of the election in the United States, all these are lies.” —Vladimir Putin
Stone also prods Putin to discuss Russia’s involvement with conflicts in Syria, Ukraine, and elsewhere, his rise to power, and his relationships with Presidents Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump.
Hot Books was created in 2016 for the publication of books by serious investigative journalists about important political, cultural, and social issues. Hot Books is an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.
The Putin Interviews: Oliver Stone Interviews Vladimir Putin
By Oliver Stone
Foreword by Robert Scheer
Hot Books paperback, also available as an ebook
On sale now
212-643-6816 x 311