Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® Invites Home Cooks to Discover its Versatility
Homegrown Goodness Tour Takes on Regional Flavors to Inspire Almond Breeze Recipe Ideas
SACRAMENTO, Calif., August 9, 2017—
Hearty chili, polenta, waffles and fondue may not be your typical meal ideas for almondmilk, but Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® is challenging people to think outside the glass with a series of new dishes demonstrating the versatility of this fridge and pantry staple.
To get people to start thinking outside the glass, Almond Breeze started the Homegrown Goodness Tour, which visits marquee food events around the country and recreates famous local dishes using almondmilk. More than a dozen recipes were specifically created to encourage people to cook with almondmilk in unexpectedly delicious ways – each a unique Almond Breeze take on iconic dishes inspired by their respective hometowns.
For more details and links to the recipes, click on the images below:
Beyond new additions to the recipe box, Almond Breeze and culinary expert Patty Mastracco teamed up to share usage tips for cooking with any of the 17 varieties of Almond Breeze:
- For most recipes, Almond Breeze can be used cup for cup in place of milk.
- It’s easy to always have it on-hand: Shelf-stable Almond Breeze can be stored unopened in the pantry for up to one year.
- Almond Breeze Almond Coconut and Almond Cashew blends add a creaminess and unique flavor to soups, stews and even homemade curries.
- For extra flavor and a creamy texture, any of the unsweetened varieties can be used in place of water or broth to cook grains for a flavorful, vegetarian-friendly enhancement to rice, barley, quinoa and more.
- Try the Vanilla or Hint of Honey varieties in oats – either overnight or stovetop – for a breakfast that pairs well with any combination of fruit and yogurt.
- From soups and sauces to pancakes and waffles, weekday shortcuts can be both easy and satisfying for the whole family with Almond Breeze.
- Still great in the glass: Freeze it in an ice cube tray for your morning smoothies or iced coffee!
Coming up on its fourth stop at Eat Drink SF, taking place August 25-27, the Homegrown Goodness Tour offers locals a chance to visit Almond Breeze’s beautiful almond orchard kitchen and to taste San Francisco-inspired recipes: sourdough bread and cheese fondue. To learn more about Almond Breeze and how you can enjoy it in your favorite recipes, visit AlmondBreeze.com.
New @almondbreeze recipes from savory to sweet, inspired by the #HomegrownGoodness Tour Tweet
About Blue Diamond Almond Breeze®
Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk has become a top-selling non-dairy milk alternative. Its Unsweetened Original and Unsweetened Vanilla varieties are low calorie and a rich source of calcium, providing a versatile, great dairy-alternative consumers can implement into active lifestyles. Almond Breeze is available in a wide choice of flavors that can be easily enjoyed alone, in smoothies, on cereal or cooked in delicious dishes. For more information, visit www.AlmondBreeze.com or follow us via Facebook (facebook.com/almondbreeze), Twitter (@AlmondBreeze), Instagram (@AlmondBreeze) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/almondbreeze).
About Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond Growers is the world’s largest almond marketer and processor. It created the almond industry in 1910 and opened world markets over 100 years ago when Spain and Italy were the major producers of almonds. The U.S. market is the largest single market for almonds. Blue Diamond owns over 50% of the almond category at retail. Over 70% of U.S. almonds are exported to 95 countries worldwide. Almonds are California's largest food export and they rank among the top ten food exports in America. California produces over 80% of the world's supply. For more information, visit www.bluediamond.com.
Access for Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
BlueDiamond@AccesstheAgency.com / 415-844-6254