Oh Baby, Chili’s Is Back, Baby Back, Baby Back
Chili’s revives its famous jingle with a twist
DALLAS, Oct. 4, 2017 – “I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, I want by baby back, baby back, baby back…Chiliii’s baby back ribs….” Yes, the jingle is back, but now it’s bigger than ribs to reflect Chili’s® Grill & Bar new “less is more” menu that focuses on core menu items that first made the brand famous – Bigger Big Mouth Burgers, Bigger Baby Back Ribs and Full-On Fajitas.
The iconic jingle, introduced to the world 31 years ago and awarded the number-one song “Most Likely to Get Stuck in Your Head” by Ad Age in 2004, has been turned upside down to let people know that ‘Chili’s Is Back, Baby’ and focused on one thing only – quality burgers, ribs and fajitas.
“We admit that as a brand, we lost our way a bit and needed to take a step back to successfully move forward, which for us, included going back to our roots and revisiting our iconic jingle that was once on everyone’s lips,” said Steve Provost, chief marketing and innovation officer of Chili’s. “But we didn’t just want to revive the original jingle, we wanted to break out of the casual dining ‘sea-of-sameness’ rut and let our Guests know that Chili’s Is Back, Baby and better at what we’ve always done best – serving quality burgers, ribs and fajitas, washed down with a cold margarita.”
The jingle is back & bigger than ribs! Sing along because @Chilis is back, baby back, baby back. TweetTweets by Chilis
Chili’s One Thing
- Bigger Big Mouth Burgers – now made with an 8 ounce patty smashed to lock in flavor and served on a brioche bun with garlic dill pickles and fries. Each burger is hand-crafted fresh to order.
- Chili’s started as a burger shack in Dallas in 1975 and in the mid-1990s introduced its Big Mouth Burgers that stood apart for their size and juiciness. An even better version is back and Chili’s is the only national casual dining brand with ½ pound patties for their entire burger lineup.
- Bigger Baby Back Ribs – now Texas-sized with more meat and served with fries and roasted street corn. Guests can still choose their favorite sauce.
- Chili’s Baby Back Ribs were first introduced to the menu in 1986 and to this day are still smoked in house over natural pecan wood low and slow to enhance their flavors. Today, Guests will enjoy meatier ribs.
- Full-On Fajitas – now sizzle with 48 percent more chicken and beef. All fajitas come with garlic butter, cilantro, bell peppers and onions, and are served with Mexican rice, black beans, guacamole, sour cream, pico, salsa and shredded cheese.
- When Chili’s introduced fajitas to the menu, the brand had to spell out “fah-heet-ah” to help Guests know how to say it. Today, Chili’s is giving Guests more quality meat to ensure the tortilla-to-meat ratio is equal.
Each of Chili’s core menu items increased not only in size but in flavor as well, and Guests don’t have to swallow the cost difference. Now that’s pretty cool.
About Chili’s Grill & Bar
Chili’s® Grill & Bar is the flagship brand of Dallas-based Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT), a recognized leader in casual dining. Known for their signature menu items – burgers, ribs and fajitas– Chili’s offers fresh, bold and unexpected flavors. Each ChiliHead at more than 1,600 locations in 31 countries and two territories takes great pride in Chili’s purpose of connecting with and serving Guests and giving back to the communities in which they are located. In addition to Chili’s, Brinker owns and operates Maggiano’s Little Italy®. For more brand-related information, visit chilis.com.
Chili’s Grill & Bar