SMITHFIELD PARTNERS WITH CHEF JOSE MENDIN - A FIVE TIME JAMES BEARD NOMINEE - TO GET LATINOS READY FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
Smithfield Fresh Pork offers quality and freshness so families can have confidence in their Holiday dishes
SMITHFIELD, Va. – November 7, 2017 – Today, Smithfield Fresh Pork announced its collaboration with Chef Jose Mendin, a five-time James Beard Award-nominated and restaurateur, as part of their Holiday campaign geared towards Latinos. To help consumers gain confidence in their own kitchens this Holiday season, Chef Mendin is sharing six of his favorite Holiday recipes featuring the quality and flavor of Smithfield Fresh Pork.
“As a Latino, I know how central fresh pork is for many traditional Holiday dishes,” said Mendin. “Quality pork that consumers can trust to create flavorful recipes for their celebrations with families and friends is important, and Smithfield Fresh Pork provides them that confidence.”
Puerto Rican-born and Miami-based Chef Mendin is the connoisseur behind the Pubbelly Group, a variety of pork-inspired restaurants, including critically-acclaimed Pubbelly Noodle Bar. His restaurants are internationally located in the cities of Miami, Casa de Campo and San Juan.
For this Holiday season, Mendin has prepared a collection of six of his favorite recipes highlighting the quality and flavor of Smithfield Fresh Pork.
CHEF MENDIN’S FAVORITE HOLIDAY RECIPES
- Spicy Marinated Pork Loin- A take on Smithfield’s classic Boneless Pork marinated with chipotle, honey, oregano, cumin and paprika with a blend of caramelized garlic and onions.
- Sautéed Pork Chops with Romesco- These pork chops feature Smithfield® Fresh Pork Bone-in Pork Chops marinated in a homemade Romesco sauce consisting of a mix of pine nuts, hazelnuts, garlic, tomatoes and piquillo chiles for a kick the whole family will love.
- Pork Sirloin Steak Milanesas with Chimichurri- Smithfield® Fresh Pork Boneless Sirloin Roast steaks fried with panko breadcrumbs, garlic and onion powder and served with flavorful Chimichurri, are a mouthwatering delight for your Holiday guests.
- Pork Tenderloin Cutlets with Caramelized Onions- Add flavor to your Holiday dinner with Smithfield® Fresh Pork Tenderloins coated with lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar and onion marinade, served with caramelized onions and drizzled with a thickened sauce.
- Lechon Asado Mojo Marinated- The perfect mojo marinade paired with Smithfield® Fresh Pork Bone-In Pork Chops is the combination your taste buds have been craving. The one-inch cut pork topped with a blend of fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic and lemons.
- Puerto Rican Christmas Pork Roast- It's your traditional holiday roast with a Puerto Rican flare. Marinated in a tangy cilantro that will give your Smithfield® Fresh Pork Bone-In Pork Shoulder Butt Roast the perfect taste for this holiday season.
An amazing Holiday season begins with delicious meals, and Smithfield Fresh Pork's high-quality, flavorful & hand-trimmed cuts will help your recipes be the stars of the Holiday table for unforgettable memories with friends and family.
A leading provider of high-quality pork products, Smithfield was founded in 1936 in Smithfield, Virginia, establishing the town as the “Ham Capital of the World.” From hand-trimmed bacon and slow-smoked holiday hams to marinated tenderloins, Smithfield brings artistry, authenticity and a commitment to heritage, flavor, and handcrafted excellence to everything it produces. With a vast product portfolio including smoked meats, hams, bacon, sausage, ribs, and a wide variety of fresh pork cuts, the company services retail, foodservice, and deli channels across the United States and 30 countries abroad. All of Smithfield’s products meet the highest quality and safety standards in the industry. To learn more about how Flavor Hails from Smithfield, please visit www.Smithfield.com, www.Twitter.com/SmithfieldBrand, and www.Facebook.com/CookingWithSmithfield. Smithfield is a brand of Smithfield Foods.
About Smithfield Foods
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan's Famous®, Farmer John®, Farmland®, Armour®, John Morrell®, Cook's®, Kretschmar®, Gwaltney®, Curly's®, Margherita®, Carando®, Healthy Ones®, Krakus®, Morliny® and Berlinki®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com.
República for Smithfield
Anna del Rio Chong