Smart home leader ecobee opens new Toronto headquarters to further innovation and growth
New 37,000 square foot collaborative work environment houses close to 200 employees
TORONTO (November 9, 2017) –– Founded in Canada, ecobee Inc. today officially opened the doors to its new Toronto headquarters. As a rapidly growing leader in the smart home category, the new office is designed to foster creativity and innovation and develop game-changing technology that allows customers to focus on the people and moments that matter.
Designed by Ray Inc., the 37,000-square foot facility brings together a rapidly expanding workforce of nearly 200 employees from diverse backgrounds, including hardware and software engineers, architects, data scientists and designers. Over the past year alone, ecobee has seen outstanding growth with the addition of close to 100 new staff members, as well as the release of its next generation smart thermostat, ecobee4, in the United States.
“The opening of our new office in Toronto reflects our proud Canadian roots and our intention to continue to innovate and grow in Canada,” said Stuart Lombard, ecobee co-Founder, President and CEO. “ecobee started with a simple mission: to create products that are intuitive to use and beautiful to look at. Our new space brings together the brightest minds in the tech industry to collaborate and innovate in the exciting smart home space and fulfill our mission.”
Facts about ecobee’s new Toronto office:
- Located at 207 Queen Quay West in the bustling Harbourfront area of Toronto, Ontario, with panoramic views of Lake Ontario and Billy Bishop Airport
- The design is inspired by Canada’s parks and the great outdoors: meeting rooms are named after Canada’s iconic National Parks and trees and green grass carpeting creates park oasis spots
- With collaboration at the centre, the office is organized into different neighbourhoods that enable multidisciplinary teams of employees to jump into a space as an idea begins to form
- Modeled after the concept of ‘everything starts in the garage’, the Hardware Lab enables employees to quickly prototype ideas and conduct onsite user testing
- The Audio Lab provides a space to refine ecobee’s voice-enabled devices like the ecobee4 onsite
- The Creative Lab encourages whiteboarding, storytelling and collaboration to explore new product ideas
- Other feature areas include a library, snack-stocked kitchen and various games areas
- All walls boast writeable surfaces to promote transparency and collaboration among work groups
Whether it’s for the connected home, sustainable communities, or our own employees, ecobee is an organization dedicated to growth and is actively recruiting top talent. Visit ecobee.com to learn more about the company and career opportunities currently available.
ecobee Inc. introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers live better and save more. With the introduction of ecobee3, the company has been praised for its pioneering room sensor technology to deliver comfort in the rooms that matter most, enabling it to become a top-selling smart thermostat on the market today and achieve a No. 1 ranking on Navigant’s Smart Thermostat Leaderboard. ecobee continues to innovate with their next-generation smart thermostat: ecobee4. With Amazon Alexa voice service and far-field voice recognition, ecobee4 combines smart thermostat functionality and voice to help customers manage their home’s comfort, energy and busy lives.Find out more at ecobee.com.