MSC Cruises and Martha Stewart Offer Enriched Culinary and Discovery Experiences Through New & Exclusive Partnership
- Tailored Caribbean shore excursions highlight authentic local favorites and hidden gems
- Celebration surprise packages designed for special vacation moments
- Special holiday dinner menus and recipes represent Martha Stewart’s passion for enjoying delicious meals with friends and family
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (April 24, 2019) - MSC Cruises – the Swiss-based world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and market leader in Europe and South America – is partnering with internationally acclaimed home and lifestyle expert Martha Stewart on new, exclusive culinary and discovery experiences on board and ashore to make MSC Cruises’ guests vacation moments even more special and memorable. The partnership — themed Celebrate, Discover, Experience — includes specially curated shore excursions, celebration surprise gift packages, and onboard special holiday dinner menus and recipes.
“MSC Cruises is committed to developing enriching guest experiences and as such we partner with world-class experts in their field to create together something truly unique,” said Gianni Onorato, CEO, MSC Cruises. “Martha Stewart’s philosophy and passion for discovery is a perfect match for MSC Cruises and we are excited to bring her innovation, style and expertise to life in this special partnership designed to help our guests create memorable vacation moments with friends and family.”
“I’ve always enjoyed introducing people to new experiences, and I’m thrilled to be working with MSC Cruises on a partnership that embodies the true celebratory nature of travel, exploration and discovery,” said Martha Stewart. “The excursions showcase some of my favorite activities and help MSC Cruises’ guests discover some of the authentic and hidden treasures of destinations throughout the Caribbean. The holiday dinner menus and surprise gift packages encompass what I believe celebrations should include: good food, good company and commemorating great adventures and inspiration wherever we are.”
MSC Cruises modern and elegant ships offer guests a distinctive experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage. On board guests will enjoy fine dining options with the best of Mediterranean and international cuisines, exclusive world-class entertainment, award-winning activities and facilities for families and children of all ages, luxurious wellness and comfortable accommodations to meet every need. It is through partnerships such as this latest with Martha Stewart that MSC Cruises is able to offer truly unique experiences that can only be enjoyed by MSC Cruises guests. This includes the innovative entertainment concept Cirque du Soleil at Sea, created with world-leader in live entertainment Cirque du Soleil, available on the Meraviglia class ships. MSC Cruises works with six of the world’s leading chefs, each representing excellence in their respective cuisine to deliver an international fine dining experience. Last month, the Company launched the world’s first virtual personal cruise assistant, ZOE, on board MSC Bellissima, in collaboration with HARMAN, experts in the field of voice-enabled technology having developed audio solutions for technology leaders such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft.
EXCLUSIVE MARTHA STEWART & MSC CRUISES EXCURSIONS
Initially taking place in multiple destinations across the Caribbean, the uniquely curated Martha Stewart & MSC Cruises Excursions focus on some of Martha’s passion points and feature a variety of activities, including hands-on culinary classes and tastings of local delights, horseback riding in the ocean, hiking to hidden coves, visits to craft markets, lessons from local fisherman and tours of beautiful gardens. In addition to highlighting key landmarks at a destination, these specially crafted tours truly embody the locals’ favorite spots and tell the story of the local culture.
“As MSC Cruises significantly expands its presence in the North American market, we are continually seeking to introduce new offerings in the region that are appealing to the North American traveler,” said Ken Muskat, EVP & Chief Operating Officer of MSC Cruises (USA). “MSC Cruises’ guests are curious travelers who seek learning opportunities and are looking for authentic experiences that help them travel like a local. In addition to being designed around Martha Stewart’s interests, together we created these shore excursions with insight from the local tourism boards to identify the true, hidden treasures of the islands and really provide our guests with an exceptional and rare experience.”
For the initial roll-out, excursions will be available at all destinations visited on itineraries served by MSC Seaside and MSC Armonia including: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Nassau, Bahamas; Philipsburg, Saint Maarten; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; Costa Maya, Mexico; and Roatán Island, Honduras. Starting November 2019, additional excursions will be available in destinations visited by MSC Divina and MSC Meraviglia while sailing the Caribbean. Future roll out will also include an excursion on MSC Cruises’ new private island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, which will welcome its first guests in November 2019.
Prices for Martha Stewart & MSC Cruises Excursions in the Caribbean range from $115 per adult to $199 per adult, depending on the specific tour (discounts available for children).
SPECIAL HOLIDAY DINNER MENUS AND RECIPES
To make the holidays even more special, MSC Cruises and Martha Stewart are offering special holiday dinner menus specifically created for Easter, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Inspired by her own experiences and family traditions, for each holiday Martha Stewart has designed dinner menus — including appetizer, entrée and dessert — for guests dining in the main restaurant as well as guests staying in the MSC Yacht Club, MSC Cruises’ ship-within-a-ship premium offering including its own private restaurant. As a memorable add on, guests will also receive the recipe from their meal to take home.
MARTHA STEWART CELEBRATION SURPRISE PACKAGES
To complement the tasting menus during the holidays, MSC Cruises will offer Martha Stewart celebration surprise packages that guests can order for delivery to their stateroom, to celebrate birthdays, honeymoons or anniversaries. Guests or travel agents will have the option of selecting from three different thoughtfully prepared packages that can be pre-purchased prior to sailing or purchased once on board. The celebration surprise package options include:
Martha Stewart Delightful Surprise: Personalized letter from Martha Stewart and special Martha Stewart dessert and recipe card. Price: $10
Martha Stewart Sweet Delight & Cheers: Personalized letter from Martha Stewart; special Martha Stewart dessert and recipe card; and specially selected wine.
Martha Stewart Sensational Celebration: Personalized letter from Martha Stewart; special Martha Stewart dessert and recipe card; specially selected wine; free digital and printed photo taken by a MSC Cruises’ professional photographer; 5x7 picture frame; and canvas beach tote bag.
Martha Stewart offerings will launch on MSC Seaside and MSC Armonia starting June 1, 2019. For more information visit www.msccruises.com/MarthaStewart.
Information and images for media can be found here.
Martha Stewart & MSC Cruises Excursions include a variety of specialized and authentic local activities. Sample excursions include:
- San Juan, Puerto Rico: Savor San Juan’s culinary delights on a food and culture walking tour in Old San Juan, including five stops featuring local cuisine and drinks. Local spots on the tour include El Convento Hotel for cocktails and fritters; Chocobar Cortés for chocolate on cheddar, churros and Puerto Rican coffee infused with chocolate; Fundación Casa Cortés art gallery, a nonprofit gallery that promotes Caribbean artists and served as a temporary school following Hurricane Maria; Lounge Cultura for hands-on mofongo and cocktail class in a 19th-century private home; Señor Paleta for artisanal gelato and sorbet popsicles; and La Casita de Rones for a rum lesson and piña colada, the national drink of Puerto Rico, in the landmark property and official distributor of Rums of Puerto Rico.
- George Town, Cayman Islands: Hold on for a horseback plunge into the azure Caribbean for a refreshing bareback swim in what promises to be an unforgettable experience. Coral Stone Stables owner Noland Stewart provides a 1.5-hour guided horseback adventure in Barker’s National Park, one of the most valuable ecosystems on Grand Cayman. After riding, guests enjoy a vegan lunch at Vivo, a restaurant run by Michele “Miki” Zama, who shares ways to eat well. A vegan tasting menu will be served with dishes like organic red beetroot hummus, guacamole topped black quinoa with sweet potato bites, homemade falafel and more.
- Roatán Island, Honduras: Head off-the-beaten path to the East side of the island to the picturesque fishing villages of Punta Gorda, on the northern coast, and Oak Ridge, on the southern. In Punta Gorda, a Garifuna guide and a local fisherman will give an in-depth fishing demonstration, while a cook fries up the catch of the day for everyone to enjoy. Over on the southern coast, on a traditional cayuco boat, guests will get an up-close view of Oak Ridge, known as the Venice of Roatán, only accessible by boat. The journey will continue through majestic mangrove tunnels toward neighboring Jonesville before the cayuco docks for lunch at Hole in the Wall restaurant, a true local hangout and boater’s respite serving a lunch that includes traditional Honduran seafood platter served with rice and beans, vegetables and fried plantains.
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s largest privately-owned cruise company and the number one cruise line in Europe, South America, South Africa and the Gulf. A game-changer in the world of cruises, the Company has achieved 800% growth in its first 10 years, building a global reputation in the industry and one of the youngest cruise fleets at sea. MSC Cruises is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
The MSC Cruises fleet currently comprises 16 ultra-modern, highly innovative and elegantly designed ships, offering an unparalleled holiday experience with always delicious and authentic food, award-winning entertainment, plenty of relaxation, comfortable accommodation, as well as impeccable service and expertise.
Under its ambitious industry-unprecedented €13.6 billion (≈15.6 billion USD) investment plan, the fleet is set to expand to 29 cruise ships by 2027. To date, MSC Cruises has designed six new large ship classes, all prototypes that push the boundaries of marine architecture and design, and an ultra-luxury class with ground-breaking options for guest comfort.
MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility toward the physical and human environments in which it operates. The Company operates with the greatest respect for the world’s oceans and is on an ongoing journey to further develop innovative ways of lowering the environmental impact of its cruise passages.
MSC Cruises’ vacation experiences are sold across the globe through a distribution network in 70 countries. The Company employs more than 23,500 people worldwide, both ashore and on board its ships. MSC Cruises is part of MSC Group which is comprised of leading transport and logistics companies.
More information at http://www.mscpressarea.com/en_US
About Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart is an Emmy Award-winning television show host, entrepreneur, bestselling author of 94 books, and America's trusted lifestyle expert and teacher. Millions of people rely on Martha Stewart as a source of useful "how-to" information for all aspects of everyday living cooking, entertaining, gardening, home renovating, collecting, organizing, crafting, holidays, healthy living and pets. The Martha Stewart brand reaches approximately 100 million consumers across all media and merchandising platforms each month. Her branded products can be found in over 70 million households and have a growing retail presence in thousands of locations.
.@MSCCruisesUSA announces new partnership with internationally acclaimed home & lifestyle expert @MarthaStewart to curate exclusive culinary and discovery experiences for #cruise guests Tweet