BFGOODRICH TIRES LAUNCHES ITS TRUCK TIRE PRODUCT LINE IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
Dubai, 31 August 2016 - BFGoodrich Tires, the company that created the first all-terrain tire in 1976, today announced the launch of its tire product line for trucks and buses in the Middle East and Africa. The BFGoodrich Truck Tires portfolio will feature commercial truck tires that cover highway, regional and on/off-road applications. This broad range of products will be sold through a strong network of specialized dealers.
“BFGoodrich is delighted to bring its Truck & Bus tire offer to the Middle East and Africa markets, which play an important part in our global growth story” said Shantanu Deshpande, Marketing Director Truck & Bus Tires for Michelin Africa, India & the Middle East (AIM). “By introducing the BFGoodrich Truck & Bus tire line in the region, we are confident to meet the growing needs of local truck and bus customers who demand international quality, reliable and robust tires at an affordable price.”
Tire offer for every type of use
BFGoodrich will be offering its first truck tire patterns in the region, which are mainly manufactured in Europe; the BFGoodrich ROUTE CONTROL and BFGoodrich CROSS CONTROL.
- The BFGoodrich ROUTE CONTROL truck tire is designed specifically for regional and highway use, offering an even tread wear for end-users in and out of the city because it:
- Fights irregular wear by optimizing the contact patch and pressure distribution.
- Minimizes sidewall damage and abrasion, especially on dual fitment.
- Protects from road hazard damage with a reinforced crown.
- The BFGoodrich CROSS CONTROL truck tire is designed specifically for both on-road and off-road use, offering end-users a durable and cut-resistant product performance for the most demanding usage conditions which:
- Ensures high grip from new to worn-out stage with an aggressive block tread pattern.
- Maximizes the casing life with the help of an additional protective crown ply.
- Reduces the risk of damage and downtime with a special anti-cut and chip tread.
Sizes and availability
From September 2016 onwards, the BFGoodrich ROUTE CONTROL tire will be available in 14 sizes, while the BFGoodrich CROSS CONTROL tire will be available in 5 sizes for the Middle East and Africa markets:
– 7.50R 16 ROUTE CONTROL 122/121 L –
– 8.5R 17.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 121/120M
– 11R 22.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 148/145L
– 12R 22.5 ROUTE CONTROL D TL 152/148L
– 12R 22.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 152/148L
– 215/75 R 17.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 126/124M
– 235/75 R 17.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 132/130M
– 235/75 R 17.5 ROUTE CONTROL T TL 143/141J
– 265/70 R19.5 ROUTE CONTROL D TL 140/138M
– 265/70 R19.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 140/138M
– 275/70 R 22.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 148/145M
– 315/80 R 22.5 ROUTE CONTROL D TL 156/150L
– 315/80 R 22.5 ROUTE CONTROL S TL 156/150L
– 385/65 R 22.5 ROUTE CONTROL T TL 160J
- 13R 22.5 CROSS CONTROL D TL 154/150K
– 13R 22.5 CROSS CONTROL S TL 154/150K
– 315/80 R 22.5 CROSS CONTROL D TL 156/150K
– 315/80 R 22.5 CROSS CONTROL S TL 156/150K
– 385/65 R 22.5 CROSS CONTROL T TL 158K
About BFGoodrich Tires
With more than 100 years of heritage, BFGoodrich Tires is dedicated to providing high performance tires for those who have a passion for driving in virtually any environment. Combining technical expertise with 40 years of motorsports experience, BFGoodrich Tires offers a full range of tires for trucks, buses and commercial light trucks, as well as for passenger cars and 4x4 vehicles, with one common theme – extreme performance.
For press inquiries, please contact:
Majid Al Mahmoudi
External Communications Manager
Michelin Africa, India & the Middle East
T: 971 (0) 48 078 276