COPPERTONE® WHIPS UP A WHOLE NEW WAY TO LOVE SUNSCREEN
Whippany, NJ (June 15, 2017) – Bayer, the maker of Coppertone®, is revolutionizing the sunscreen experience this season with new Coppertone® Whipped, a transformative sunscreen unlike anything you’ve ever felt before. Not only is Coppertone introducing the first ever whipped sunscreen, it is rolling out a series of engaging activations throughout the summer to launch it, and partnering with everyone from beauty influencers to the Skin Cancer Foundation.
The Whipped line, available in both CLEARLYSheer® and WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple formulas, transforms the sunscreen application process from an ordinary task to an experience people can look forward to before they head out into the sunshine. While many other sunscreen lotions can feel heavy or sticky, Whipped has a rich and creamy texture, yet it absorbs quickly and feels light on skin. Plus it won't clog pores and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth while helping to protect it from the sun's harmful UV rays.
“At Coppertone, we’re dedicated to championing a worry-free life in the sun for everyone, focusing solely on developing innovative and expert sun protection. That’s why we’re approaching this year’s Whipped launch in a new and different way,” said Lisa Perez, Marketing Director, Suncare at Bayer. “Sunscreen lovers will have a chance to interact with and learn all about Coppertone Whipped through creative content, in-store product samplings, trusted beauty influencers, and more on-the-ground experiences.”
This season’s activities demonstrate the brand’s commitment to helping people enjoy their favorite outdoor experiences while assuring them their skin is well protected with Coppertone. Check out some of the ways the brand is bringing Coppertone® Whipped to outdoor enthusiasts this summer:
- Promoting the ProtectMy Social Media Sweepstakes and Contest, in which people have the chance to win multiple prizes, including a $5,000 trip! ProtectMy encourages people to share what they want to protect most this summer through social media channels.
- Partnered with Simply Stylist to create a one-of-a-kind pop-up experience in Miami entirely dedicated to Coppertone® Whipped. The event included teaming up with influential panelists such as Ali Fedotowsky-Manno, Nastia Liukin and Dr. Elizabeth Hale, who educated attendees about the importance of sun protection. Learn more about Ali’s experience on her blog at www.AliLuvs.com and take a look at the rest of the event!
- Teaming up with several additional influencers and beauty bloggers to offer tutorials for incorporating Coppertone® Whipped into daily skincare routines.
- Partnering with The Skin Cancer Foundation on its new program, Destination: Healthy Skin, to promote healthy sun protection practices, provide free skin cancer screenings, and sample Coppertone® Whipped.
- Sponsoring Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3: Road to the Races Tour, to gear up for the big release of Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 on June 16 in 3D! Coppertone® will be on site at the nationwide tour sampling sunscreen and creating a racer pit crew encouraging visitors to take part in a tire changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity.
To learn more about the new Coppertone® CLEARLYSheer® and WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple Whipped Sunscreens head to coppertone.com. To find a Destination: Healthy Skin event or a Disney Road to the Races Tour stop near you, visit DestinationHealthySkin.org and CARS3tour.com.
Coppertone® is a leader in sun protection and is dedicated to championing a worry-free life in the sun for everyone. The brand is committed to transforming the suncare category and continually providing consumers with high-quality products unlike anything else on the market. Coppertone utilizes cutting-edge research from its Coppertone Solar Research Center to consistently innovate its family of sunscreen products and provide expert sun protection to all ages. It employs a robust process for testing the safety and efficacy of its products, so that consumers can be assured that their skin is protected when they use Coppertone sunscreens. Coppertone is distributed and marketed by Bayer. To learn more, visit coppertone.com.
Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and to its social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen. In fiscal 2016, the Group employed around 115,200 people and had sales of EUR 46.8 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to EUR 2.6 billion, R&D expenses to EUR 4.7 billion. These figures include those for the high-tech polymers business, which was floated on the stock market as an independent company named Covestro on October 6, 2015. For more information, go to www.bayer.us.
Vice President, Head of External Communications