Gymboree Reveals Brand Refresh That Will Make You Smile
Children’s Apparel Retailer Hits the Refresh Button with a Fashion-Forward Line of Clothing and Accessories, Exciting New Partnerships, and Interactive Mobile App
SAN FRANCISCO, July 16, 2018 – Gymboree, the San Francisco-based children’s apparel retailer, today unveiled an exciting re-brand and is rolling out a new on-trend product line just in time for back-to-school.
Quality fabrics and comfortable designs are at the heart of the new collection, which features an all-new take on style. Fun graphic tees, incredibly comfortable outerwear, colorful basics that go from season to season and accessories that pop, round out the collection. Parents will love the emphasis on quality, and with every piece designed to work together, kids get to be creative with confidence. When their independent spirit shines through, both kids and parents are happy.
“The new back-to-school assortment for Gymboree is exciting. In reimagining our vision for this iconic brand, kids are the heart of every decision we make. The clothes are fun, confident and optimistic, with a focus on quality and comfort,” said Tina Canales, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Gymboree. “Our new assortment was designed for both parents and kids, with an adult sense of style and a kid sensibility, reflecting quality in fabric, design and color in every detail. We are having a lot of fun.”
Gymboree’s product designers used customer insight and feedback to get the new collection just right. For example, their all-new jeans have been redesigned for kids on the go by denim expert, Carl Chiara. The fits are soft, comfortable and strong enough to last through every adventure.
“We have spent the past year building the team and laying the foundation to meet the expectations of the modern parent and to begin providing a relevant experience in today’s retail environment. We have taken the time to learn exactly what parents want and kids are looking for and have used these learnings to create the products and experiences that will resonate,” said President and CEO Daniel Griesemer. “We are confident we have a bright future for our company and the children who wear our clothing.”
Brand refresh from @Gymboree will #MakeYouSmile just in time for #BackToSchool Tweet
In addition to the new product line, Gymboree is celebrating its relaunch with new partnerships and in-store events. To bring back brand loyalists and create new ones, Gymboree is reimagining the brand through:
- A custom-made interactive mobile app called “Made You Smile” (will be available for both iPhone and Android users). The new app unlocks a layer of augmented reality, bringing the new Gymboree graphic tees for boys and girls to life. In addition to augmented reality, the Made You Smile app will also offer fun, snackable content and a “Smile Generator.”
- Made You Smile app users will also have the opportunity to enter weekly drawings in Gymboree’s Surprize Surprize Sweepstakes* for a chance to win amazing prizes such as a trip to New York City or a new car, as well as instant win prizes while they shop in store.
- A partnership with Color Factory to create an immersive experience for the whole family. Open to the public on August 20, 2018 in New York City, Gymboree and Color Factory worked with non-profit 826NYC to create a room within the Color Factory exhibit that will feature an ombre floating balloon installation and children's wishes for the future. Color Factory, a collaboratively-produced art experience, brings together talented artists, creatives, and makers to conceptualize and collaborate on participatory, color-inspired installations.
- Enhanced in-store experiences that cater to both parents and children. Select remodeled stores will feature a fresh, contemporary design that reflects Gymboree’s new modern style, enhanced point-of-sale and a community table that will keep customers of all ages entertained. Stores will also feature a new opportunity for merchandising in a way that shows outfitting and brings to life new and easier ways to showcase style and versatility.
- Two refreshed locations at the Del Amo Fashion Center (Torrance, CA) and Manhattan’s Upper East Side recently reopened with a new look and feel. Gymboree will be hosting a grand reopening of its Manhattan Store located at 76th Street and 3rd Avenue on July 19, 2018.
Gymboree has been making children’s clothing since 1986 and looks forward to keeping smiles on customers’ faces for years to come. With the brand refresh, Gymboree embraces a sense of modern style without compromising its longstanding commitment to offering quality, comfortable clothing.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (excl. QC) 18 years and older. Ends 9/4/18. To play and for Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions visit https://gymboree.promo.eprize.com/surprize/. Void in QC and where prohibited. If Canadian resident, mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win. 151,907 prizes (approximate retail values from $0 to $39,715 CAD) available to be won.
About Gymboree Group, Inc.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a portfolio of children’s brands operating specialty retail stores with high-quality clothing and accessories for children. The Company currently operates 380 Gymboree stores in the United States and Canada. Gymboree Group’s family of brands includes Gymboree®, Janie and Jack® and Crazy 8®, with hundreds of retail stores across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as online stores at www.gymboree.com, www.janieandjack.com and www.crazy8.com.