Lytx Helped Protect More Than 1 Million Drivers in 2018 and Delivered Another Year of Industry Firsts and Strong Results
Lytx clients experienced 625,000 fewer instances of risky driving in 2018
Lytx surpassed 100 billion miles of driving data analyzed and added more than 50 million miles of driving data every day in 2018
New sales delivered more than $200 million in incremental contract value
Installed and connected 122,000 vehicles to the Lytx network in 2018
SAN DIEGO — Feb. 25, 2019 — Lytx®, a global leader in video telematics, analytics, safety and productivity solutions for commercial and public sector fleets now helps protect more than 1 million drivers across hundreds of thousands of commercial vehicles globally.
“Lytx surpassed 100 billion miles of driving data analyzed in 2018,” said Brandon Nixon, Lytx Chairman and CEO. “Our driving database is unrivaled, but what matters most about the amount of data we have is the knowledge it provides to help our clients keep their drivers and cargo safe and their fleets more productive. In fact, our data shows that our clients experienced approximately 625,000 fewer instances of risky driving in 2018 compared to 2017.”
Nixon continued, “Our growing record of human-reviewed data constantly enriches the robust artificial intelligence and machine vision algorithms that power Lytx’s products. Our data literally trains artificial intelligence algorithms to detect risk, and we have more of this data and do that better than anyone in the industry. The result has been our surge in growth over the past four years. Our record-breaking growth is evidence of our innovation leadership, our ability to attract large numbers of new clients, accelerate growth in new market segments, build a business of great scale, and bring video-based safety and productivity solutions to thousands of fleets.”
Among key Lytx business achievements in 2018:
- Collaborated with Mack Trucks to offer a DriveCam® event recorder pre-wire option on Mack’s Granite, TerraPro and LR cabover models
- Achieved 40th consecutive quarter of year-on-year double digit subscription growth
- Delivered more than $200 million in incremental contract value through new sales
- Added more than 50 million miles of driving data every day
- Installed and connected 122,000 vehicles to the Lytx network
2018 brought more than 300 new clients to Lytx. Among them:
- Maven (General Motors) – One of North America’s fastest-growing car sharing platforms
- YRC Worldwide – One of North America’s largest transportation and logistics service providers
- Paschall Truck Lines – A 100% employee-owned truckload, dry-van freight carrier
- Hogan – A nationwide transportation and logistics provider
- Caillier Group – California’s largest family-owned supplier of ready mix concrete
- Preferred Materials – A leading supplier of asphalt, concrete, concrete products, and paving services in the southeastern U.S.
- Smart Care® Equipment Solutions – The U.S.’s premier commercial kitchen service organization
- Argos – A leading multi-national ready-mix concrete and cement company
- Brandon Hire Station – A U.K.-based tool and equipment hire specialist
- Smith & Byford Limited – A U.K.-based organization providing local authorities and homeowners with gas and electrical maintenance and installations
Lytx Product Portfolio
Lytx began offering its modular and customizable product portfolio to clients beginning in February 2019. The new portfolio harnesses the power of video to help clients see what happened in the past, manage their operations more efficiently in the present and improve driver behavior to change the future.
The company’s customizable services and programs span from capturing video and detecting risk to improve driver safety, fleet tracking to access fleet status and current vehicle location to compliance management through RAIR®. With the modular portfolio, clients have the ability to move seamlessly between addressing driver productivity or customer service issues in the Fleet Tracking Service and improving habits with our Driver Safety Program. Because no two companies are alike, Lytx clients have the freedom to turn features on or off as they see fit to run their businesses.
Lytx® is a leading global provider of video telematics, analytics, safety and productivity solutions for commercial and public sector fleets. Our unrivaled Driver Safety Program, powered by our best-in-class DriveCam® Event Recorder, is proven to help save lives and reduce risk. We harness the power of video to help clients see what happened in the past, manage their operations more efficiently in the present and improve driver behavior to change the future. Our customizable services and programs span driver safety, risk detection, fleet tracking, compliance and fuel management. Using the world’s largest driving database of its kind, along with proprietary machine vision and artificial intelligence technology, we help protect and connect thousands of fleets and more than one million drivers worldwide. For more information, visit www.lytx.com, @lytx on Twitter, LinkedIn, our Facebook page or our YouTube channel.