ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association and Lilly Launch Virtual Platform to Advance Education of Thyroid Cancer and the Important Role Biomarker Testing Plays in Treatment
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc. (ThyCa) and Eli Lilly and Company are united in their mission to encourage education and awareness of thyroid cancer and the important role that biomarker testing plays in diagnosing, understanding and treating certain advanced thyroid cancers. Developed and launched through the Lilly and ThyCa partnership, this online platform serves as a comprehensive source of educational materials and patient insights for thyroid cancer patients, their family members, caregivers and healthcare providers.
“As ThyCa celebrates 25 years of educating, supporting and connecting thyroid cancer survivors, we are proud to work with Lilly on the rollout of this informative virtual platform,” said Gary Bloom, executive director of ThyCa. “This platform provides people living with thyroid cancer with the tools and insights they need to move forward in their cancer journey."
The following content is available through this page:
- Patient “Stories of Strength”
- Hear from thyroid cancer survivors as they describe their personal experiences with diagnosis, treatment and biomarker testing, including key pieces of advice for fellow cancer patients.
- Thyroid Cancer and Testing Fact Sheet
- Provides an overview of important information regarding thyroid cancer, including risk factors, signs & symptoms and diagnosis resources, as well as a section on how biomarker testing can help doctors determine a targeted treatment option designed to block the primary driver of the cancer.
- Patient Journey Map
- This journey map navigates the major touchpoints many thyroid cancer patients experience throughout their cancer journey.
- Patient “Ask Your Doctor” Checklist
- Receiving a thyroid cancer diagnosis is an overwhelming experience. This checklist provides patients with suggested questions and talking points to discuss with their doctors to ensure they get the most out of each appointment.
- ThyCa Newsletter Articles
- Read a series of newsletter articles covering important topics tied to the role biomarker testing plays in developing a targeted treatment plan for thyroid cancer patients.
Lilly and ThyCa encourage the sharing and reposting of these materials to increase broader education and awareness of thyroid cancer. For additional resources and to see what support may be available, visit www.thyca.org.