Back to School 2021: Let’s Find Out what the future holds with Staples Canada
Exclusive brands, the latest technology and new low prices help students, teachers and families start the new school year with confidence
Richmond Hill, ON, July 21, 2021 – What will this new school year look like? Let’s Find Out! As the New School HQ and Canada’s back to school destination, Staples Canada is ready to usher in a new school season, helping students, teachers and families across Canada embrace the year ahead with confidence.
In addition to offering exclusive brands, the latest tech to learn from anywhere, and new low prices on hundreds of school essentials, Staples Canada has launched its New School HQ portal – an online source for all things back to school – and continues to offer a convenient and safe shopping environment with in-store, curbside pickup and fast, free home delivery options.
“Like many Canadians, we’re encouraged by the change that we’re seeing across the country, and are hopeful that back to school will look a little more normal this year,” said David Boone, CEO, Staples Canada. “We recognize that there are still many unknowns and, no matter what our return to class looks like, we’re focused on supporting Canadian students, parents and teachers on their unique educational journeys this fall to make the continued transition to the New School as seamless as possible.”
In advance of this important time of year, Staples Canada stores from coast-to-coast have been transformed to welcome customers and meet their changing needs. This includes a bigger technology assortment to support in-person and remote learning; an expanded assortment of learning and creativity products for all ages; a new Clean, Safe and Well aisle dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing solutions, and all-new workspace selections of all sizes and styles.
The latest tools from the best brands
As the New School HQ, Staples Canada has the knowledge, expertise and essentials to help Canadians prepare for a return to school during this critical time of the year. This includes offering new and exclusive products from the best brands like Pep Rally, Gry Mattr, General Supply Goods & Co., and more, while providing great value for customers.
- Value: The last thing parents need as we enter this new school year is additional financial burden – that’s why Staples Canada has expanded New Lower Prices on hundreds of back to school essentials.
New School Technology: Staples Canada will continue to focus on being Canada’s destination for laptops, Chromebooks and virtual conferencing technology, enabling students at all levels to bring their best to any classroom. This year, an expanded assortment of audio solutions will be available for children.
- Hot Products: Asus C204 Chromebook, Microsoft Surface Laptop 4, BuddyPhones School Kids on Ear Headphones
- Back to School Must-Haves: Must-have supplies from known and trusted brands like Pep Rally, Poppin, Five Star, General Supply Goods + Co, Crayola, Louis Garneau, Emma Verde, Adidas, Champion and more have been re-imagined for 2021 and the New School.
- Hot Products: Crayola Colors of the World Skin Tone Coloured Pencils,Five Star Style Zipper Binder, Pep Rally Rad All Day Backpack, Adidas Classic 3-Stripes Backpack
- Hybrid Classroom: Workspace essentials became key for learners of all ages over the last two school years – hundreds of new products help them stay productive, no matter what the future has in store.
- Hot Products: Simply Desk with Shelf and Drawer, Simply 3-Tier Rolling Cart, Union & Scale Essentials LED Table Lamp
- Clean, Safe and Well-Prepared: Sometimes, sharing isn’t caring. Personal protective equipment (PPE), sanitary travel kits, and personalized labels help keep things neat and sanitized – whether you’re on the journey, or have reached your destination.
Equipping educators for success with new Teacher Membership Program
Staples Canada has introduced the Staples’ Teacher Membership Program, providing educators with exclusive perks, competitive pricing on supplies and dedicated services. It’s free to join the program, and is available to teachers, staff and faculty at all public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities as well as home educators. Benefits include:
- Exclusive Offers: Members receive discounts on supplies, tech and print and marketing services at Solutionshop.
- Service: Teachers will have access to one-on-one service with an account manager and have twice as long to return purchased items.
- School Tools: Teachers can create and share their class-specific lists of school supplies with parents and students. Staples Canada will donate three per cent back to the school for every purchase made.
- Perks: Every quarter, members receive free colour copies and photo prints, as well as annual appreciation gifts.
Giving back to communities with the annual supply drive
Back for its 16th year, Staples Canada’s annual Staples for Education school supply drive will take place from August 14 to September 19. Staples stores throughout Canada will partner with a charity in their community to raise funds for school supplies for children in need.
Prioritizing a safe shopping experience
To help Canadians shop in-store with confidence this back to school season,Staples Canada stores follow the ShopSafe™ Program to keep associates and customers safe. In-store health and safety protocols include physical distancing guidelines, all-day disinfection, face mask requirements, sanitization stations and a ShopSafe app that gives customers the option to join a virtual queue in-store during peak times. Customers can also enjoy fast and free next day delivery on all staples.ca orders and two-hour Contactless Curbside Pick-Up.
About Staples Canada
Staples Canada is The Working and Learning Company. With a focus on community, inspiration and services, the privately-owned company is committed to being a dynamic, inspiring partner to customers who visit its over 300 locations and staples.ca. The company has two brands that support business customers, Staples Preferred for small businesses and Staples Professional for medium to large-sized enterprises, as well as five co-working facilities in Toronto, Kelowna, Oakville and Ottawa under the banner Staples Studio. Staples Canada is a proud partner of MAP through its Even the Odds campaign, which aims to tackle inequities in communities across Canada and helps make a future that’s fair for everyone. Visit staples.ca for more information or get social with @StaplesCanada on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.