Tiffany & Co.’s Brand Exhibition “Vision & Virtuosity” Opens in London with an Extraordinary Display of Jewels, Craftsmanship and Creativity
LONDON, (20th June 2022) - Tiffany & Co, the iconic luxury jeweller, opens its “Vision and Virtuosity” exhibition. Hosted at London’s Saatchi Gallery from 10th June – 19th August, the spectacular exhibition brings over 400 objects from the House’s archives, with many pieces shown to the public for the first time.
A visual chronicle of the storied jeweller since its founding in New York City in 1837, “Vision & Virtuosity” takes visitors on a journey through seven different chapters, exploring separate themes that are central to Tiffany’s brand identity, heritage, and creative influence. An opportunity to get close to some of the world’s rarest gemstones and diamonds, it is a celebration of Tiffany’s authority as the purveyor of the world’s finest diamonds and a showcase of how two core values—vision and virtuosity—have guided the House for 185 years.
Upon entering the Saatchi Gallery, guests can:
- Explore founder Charles Lewis Tiffany’s legacy and the creativity of the brand, told through recreations of some of the brand’s most vivid and exciting window displays and High Jewellery pieces including Bird on a Rock, the emblem of the whole exhibition
- In the subsequent section, one can experience the works of some of the House’s most creative forces such as Jean Schlumberger, Elsa Peretti and Paloma Picasso.
- The third chapter is devoted entirely to the annual Blue Book high jewellry collection, a once in a lifetime display of pieces ranging from the 1800s through to present day, including a diamond and emerald necklace worn by Lady Gaga at this year’s 2022 Academy Awards.
- In the fourth room, visitors are immersed in the world of love and commitment. Having introduced the iconic Tiffany® Setting engagement ring in 1886, the subject of love is brought to life by beautiful installations, digital innovations and even a real try-on experience featuring engagement rings from the brand.
- The fifth space is devoted to Breakfast at Tiffany’s, bringing to life the brand’s rich cultural history through the eyes (and objects) of this most beloved film.
- From there, visitors arrive at the penultimate chapter, a spectacle of diamonds, dedicated to Tiffany’s renowned diamond creations. This includes the reimaging of the brand’s 1939’s World Fair Necklace, a breathtaking high jewellery masterpiece, totally over 100 carats of diamonds.
- The culmination of the exhibition, guests will have an opportunity to view the legendary 128.54-carat Tiffany Diamond, worn by only a few women in its history including Audrey Hepburn, Lady Gaga and Beyonce. And a playful AR experience, allowing each visitor the opportunity to ‘try-on’ the piece.
An accompanying exhibition catalogue presents the exhibition’s highlights. With a foreword by the late Andre Leon Talley and text by Vivienne Becker, published by Assouline New York is available in the exhibition’s gift shop, as well as at Tiffany’s Old Bond Street store.
Additionally, an exclusive curation of artist collaborations and limited-release items in Tiffany Blue® will be available at the gift shop. Collaborations include T-shirts and hoodies designed by Daniel Arsham, Tiffany & Co. x Wilson® footballs, Quartersnacks skateboards, Mellow Gemini vases, Krink paint markers, Caran d’Ache pen and pencil sets and Bellocq tea sets.
A series of ‘Late’ evenings, events, talks and workshops will feature across the summer as part of the exhibition. Featuring experts from the worlds of jewellery, art, design, fashion and culture, visitors can get even closer to the jewellery, with some even being available for try-ons. A once in a life-time opportunity to experience some of the world’s most beautiful jewels up close. Tickets are free, and available on the Vision & Virtuosity app, available on the iOS App Store or at the exhibition.
Complementary tickets are available now through the Tiffany & Co. exhibition app where you can also discover exhibition highlights, exclusive content and more.
Download on the iOS App Store
Download on the Google Play App Store
About Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co., founded in New York City in 1837 by Charles Lewis Tiffany, is a global luxury jeweler synonymous with elegance, innovative design, fine craftsmanship and creative excellence.
With more than 300 retail stores worldwide and a workforce of more than 13,000 employees, Tiffany & Co. and its subsidiaries design, manufacture and market jewelry, watches, and luxury accessories. Nearly 5,000 skilled artisans cut Tiffany diamonds and craft jewelry in the Company’s own workshops, realizing the brand’s commitment to superlative quality.
Tiffany & Co. has a long-standing commitment to conducting its business responsibly, sustaining the natural environment, prioritizing diversity and inclusion, and positively impacting the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Tiffany & Co. and its commitment to sustainability, please visit tiffany.com.
@TiffanyAndCo opens “Vision & Virtuosity” at @saatchi_gallery. Bringing together 400 objects from the House's archives until 19th August. Complementary tickets available now. Tweet