TRIPADVISOR UNVEILS 2012 TRAVELERS’ CHOICE HOTELS FOR FAMILIES
Awards Honor Family-Friendly Properties Worldwide, According to Reviews and Opinions from Millions of Travelers Tweet
NEWTON, Mass. — April 3, 2012 — /PRNewswire/ — TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel site*, today announced its 2012 Travelers’ Choice® award-winning Hotels for Families. This year, 504 top family-friendly properties were recognized in 25 markets around the globe including the U.S., Europe, Caribbean, Africa, Asia, and the South Pacific.
Award winners were determined based on the hotels most highly rated by those who traveled with family. Unlike any other honors, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winners are based on millions of valuable reviews and opinions from travelers around the world.
“To inspire travelers planning family trips this year, TripAdvisor has identified hundreds of the most highly rated family-friendly properties covering popular hotspots as well as other appealing destinations for families worldwide,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor.
To provide even more information to help travelers plan the perfect trip, TripAdvisor has named family-friendly “Large Hotels and Resorts” and “Small Hotels and Motels” in the U.S. and world. Large properties feature 100 rooms or more. The average nightly rate¹ for the entire list of the 2012 Travelers’ Choice Hotels for Families is $274 per night. U.S. large properties average cost per night is $292, and U.S. small properties average $131 per night.
Select Travelers’ Choice Hotels for Families Award Winners:
Top 10 World Large Hotels and Resorts:
1. Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park, Biggera Waters, Australia
2. KeyLime Cove Resort and Water Park, Gurnee, Illinois
3. Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, Highland, New York
4. Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, Cortland, New York
5. Protur Bonaire Aparthotel, Cala Bona, Spain
6. Holiday Village Rhodes, Kolimbia, Greece
7. Beaches Turks & Caicos, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
8. Aparthotel Playa Mar, Port de Pollenca, Spain
9. Alfagar II Aparthotel, Albufeira, Portugal
10. Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel & Spa, Selcuk, Turkey
Top 10 U.S. Large Hotels and Resorts:
1. KeyLime Cove Resort and Water Park, Gurnee, Illinois
2. Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, Highland, New York
3. Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center, Cortland, New York
4. Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Orlando, Florida
5. WorldQuest Orlando Resort, Orlando, Florida
6. Woodloch Pines Resort, Hawley, Pennsylvania
7. Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, Orlando, Florida
8. Marriott’s Harbour Lake, Orlando, Florida
9. Floridays Resort Orlando, Orlando, Florida
10. Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, Garden Grove, California
Top 10 U.S. Small Hotels and Motels:
1. Pollace’s Family Vacation Resort, Catskill, New York
2. Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, Ortley Beach, New Jersey
3. Lampliter Oceanside Resorts, Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
4. VIP Motel, Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
5. Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages, Old Orchard Beach, Maine
6. Sierra Sands Family Lodge, Mears, Michigan
7. Park Vue Inn, Anaheim, California
8. Country Inn & Suites Hershey at the Park, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
9. The Suites at Hershey, Hershey, Pennsylvania
10. Sun Viking Lodge, Daytona Beach, Florida
For the complete list of the 2012 Travelers’ Choice Hotels for Families, go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Family
¹Average nightly rates reflect current rates from properties with rates listed on TripAdvisor.
TripAdvisor® is the world’s largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor-branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 50 million unique monthly visitors*, and over 60 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to TripAdvisor’s millions of monthly visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 19 other travel media brands, and together the sites attract more than 69 million unique monthly visitors**. TripAdvisor’s travel media brands include www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.everytrail.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.onetime.com, www.seatguru.com, www.sniqueaway.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travel-library.com, www.travelpod.com, www.virtualtourist.com, www.whereivebeen.com, and www.kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, Worldwide, January 2012
**Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Inc. and its subsidiaries, Worldwide, January 2012
©2012 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved.