773 687 4321
Global Growth for Marketing-as-a-Service Surges, UBM Studios Capitalizes on the Demand for Digital Environments
Chicago, IL, February 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — UBM Studios, the world leader in digital events, environments and communities, is capitalizing on the rapid growth in Marketing-as-a-Service (MaaS). According to the BtoB “Marketing Services: What Marketers Want From Their Media Partners” research report, 55 percent of marketers have used b2b media companies for marketing services in the past 12 months. Additionally, CMO Survey’s August 2011 research shows that nearly 75 percent of respondents currently outsource marketing activities. These studies highlight that companies are making investments in outsourced marketing due to bandwidth and increased areas of marketing specialization.
UBM Studios produced over 250 events in 2011, more than doubling the number of events produced the previous calendar year. UBM Studios continues to grow by integrating multiple marketing strategies including technology innovation; user experience; user platform; and digital, mobile, social. In addition, the company received industry recognition for its innovative digital solutions, including:
- 2012 min Best of the Web Awards finalist in the Tablet App Paid App category for UBM Electronics ARM TechCon Application
- 2011 min’s Best of the Web Awards in the “Virtual Tradeshow or Online Event” category for Everything Channel’s COMDEXvirtual
- 2011 Be2Award in the “Best Virtual or Hybrid Event” category for the UBM Built Environment’s Sustainability Now series of virtual events
“Each and every day we are transforming the way audiences interact digitally,” said Kate Spellman, President, UBM Studios. “Over the past year we’ve launched new digital solutions, expanded our footprint globally and delivered over 250 environments that have created world-class engagement and a strong return on investment for our customers. It’s this experience and expertise that makes us the world’s global leader in digital events. We look forward to continuing to deliver a blended digital media experience to our clients in the coming year.”
In 2011 UBM Studios launched a range of digital solution suites designed to help organizations meet their business communication objectives effectively and consistently. The digital solution suites include:
- Digital Media Suite. This suite contains online environments that drive brand awareness and lead generation not tied to physical events. The solutions typically offer extensive sponsorship opportunities and provide interactive destinations for educational, informational and thought-leadership content. COMDEXvirtual, the largest independent virtual gathering of the IT Channel, is an example of the Digital Media Suite. COMDEXvirtual brought together solution providers and technology vendors from around the globe to network to learn about the latest technologies and trends and solidify new and existing partnerships.
- Physical Event Companion Suite. The products in this suite are designed to complement and enhance in-person events by providing added value to an event’s hosts, sponsors and attendees. UBM Studios worked closely with UBM Electronics to create the All-Access Conference Pass application for ARM TechCon™ using this suite. The application provides a digital extension to improve attendees’ event experiences.
- Corporate Communication Suite. The products in this suite are used for a range of corporate communications objectives including Partner conferences, investor relations centers, sales conferences, human resource benefit days and inter-departmental collaboration. By using technology from this suite, UBM Studios brought BetterInvesting (NAIC), PR Newswire and MUNCmedia’s investors together for a monthly online investor conference series with public companies and investors called RetailInvestorConferences.com. In its first year, RetailInvestorConferences.com grew to a community of over 7,500 active investors from 74 countries with sponsors such as Aflac, Petrobras, SAP, The Securities, Exchange Commission, Deutsche Telekom, The Motley Fool and National Retail Properties.
- Career & Recruitment Suite. This suite offers online destinations where organizations can find, screen and qualify candidates. The online career fairs and recruitment programs provide interactive environments where companies can talk to candidates, post job openings and accept applications. For example, the Milicruit national career fair, the recognized leader in digital recruitment environments for military veterans, provides employers an opportunity to meet and interact with job seekers. Offering more than 21,000 jobs from over 70 companies, the virtual career fair featured military-friendly employers from healthcare to manufacturing. More than 36,000 veterans attended the career fair. The environment continues to be available 24/7/365 for job seekers to visit employer booths to research the company, watch videos, visit the employer website, view and apply for jobs and send recruiters messages.
- eLearning Suite. This suite offers online, interactive environments for education and training that integrate with Learning Management Systems. UBM Studios creates bespoke solutions to meet the needs of each project, making sure all its goals are achieved. Using this suite, UBM Studios produced iCampus, the first hybrid digital learning institution in the Middle East, for the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training. iCampus is an interactive environment that offers world-class technical and vocational education, which allows students to investigate, experiment, collaborate, share and learn about technical and vocational careers.
Additionally, UBM Studios expanded its offices in Europe and Asia in order to serve these growing markets. With the addition of these offices, UBM Studios can now provide customers with global accessibility to meet the specific needs of each region.
For additional information on UBM Studios, contact Max Gerstein at 773 687 4317 or email@example.com.
Follow UBM Studios on Twitter (http://twitter.com/UBMStudios), Facebook, or LinkedIn for all the latest news.
About UBM Studios (www.ubmstudios.com)
UBM Studios, a UBM company, is the global leader in digital events, environments and communities. UBM Studios creates powerful and intuitive digital communities that help organizations connect, educate and engage with audiences to capitalize on growth opportunities. UBM Studios provides marketing as a service for digital interactions and delivers the right content to the right audience with the right user interface. For additional information on UBM Studios, visit www.ubmstudios.com.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world’s buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.