Sephora and Firmenich Partner to Create The Sensorium™, An Immersive Journey through the World of Fragrance, in New York City
October 13, 2011 (San Francisco, CA) /PRNewswire/ — Sephora, the leading specialty beauty retailer, and Firmenich, global leaders in fragrance and flavors, have created The Sensorium™ – a ground-breaking multi-sensory, interactive fragrance exhibition. The first time open to the public, The Sensorium™ is a dynamic experience that explores the emotion and instinct of scent through interactive experiences, compelling film, story-telling and three-dimensional art.
The journey includes six distinct encounters that encourage us to rediscover the magic of fragrance:
- The backstory of creation, revealing how we think, experience and interact with scent
- Our brains’ emotional reaction to fragrance, including the impact of a life without scent
- How scent connects everyday actions and memories, making them an integral, yet often unnoticed, part of our lives
- How molecules and extractions blend together to form a finished fragrance that embodies and evokes a unique emotion
- Our brains’ purely instinctual reaction to scent, where our most primal, uninhibited emotions are provoked
- The Fragrance Bar where, similar to a wine tasting, guests smell unbranded scents, discovering preferences based on emotion instead of marketing messages or bottle appearance
“Fragrance is such an important part of our business, and our clients are always searching for the newest and most unique offerings,” said Sharon Rothstein, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Sephora. “The Sensorium™, created with the experience, knowledge and insight of Firmenich, offered us a tremendous opportunity to reengage, educate and excite about scent in an innovative way.”
“Firmenich has a history of inspiring industry partners with the magic inside fragrance through our Sensoriums,” said Debra Butler, Vice President of Creative Marketing for Firmenich. “We are thrilled by the opportunity to work with Sephora to share the Sensorium dream with the people in a way that will educate about scent as well as illuminate its emotional impact on our lives.”
The Sensorium™ will be open for a limited engagement at 414 West 14th Street in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District from October 7, 2011 through November 27, 2011. The $15 admission is redeemable at any Sephora store, Sephora.com or toward any fragrances offered at the Fragrance Bar. For more information or to purchase tickets, log on to www.sephora.com/go/sensorium or call 1-877-SEPHORA.