Epson Enhances ImageWay Partner Program with New Workgroup Single and Multifunction Printers Ideal for Small and Medium Offices
WorkForce Pro C Series Workgroup Color Printers deliver low total cost of ownership, high reliability, and laser-quality prints for businesses
LONG BEACH, Calif. — Feb. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Epson America, Inc. today expanded its portfolio of business-class products offered through the ImageWaySM Partner Program with high performance, professional quality printing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses that increase productivity and offer a low total cost of ownership. Epson’s WorkForce® Pro C Series single function and multifunction Workgroup Color Printers deliver up to 50 percent lower printing costs when compared to color laser printers1, increased reliability with a best-in-class three-year warranty, professional quality prints, and robust duty cycles for durability.
Epson developed the WorkForce Pro C Series specifically to provide VAR and commercial channel partners with printing solutions that are cost-effective and meet customer technology needs. Effective March 1 through Epson’s exclusive ImageWay Partner Program, newly approved Epson business printer partners will be able to take advantage of a wide-range of benefits, including enhanced margins, dedicated sales and technical support, bid support, product customization, financing support, and access to a free demo unit and no-charge evaluation units.
As a testament to Epson’s commitment to partners and confidence in its products, all qualified “Business Printer” reseller partners will each receive a new WorkForce Pro C Series printer to use in their offices or showrooms. In addition, new partners that qualify for Epson’s Business Printer Partner program are eligible to resell the other Epson products sold through ImageWay – including projectors and document scanners – allowing them to offer customers a comprehensive suite of office solutions.
“Epson has a long standing reputation for providing solutions that help channel partners deliver best-in-class digital imaging products to their customers, and is continually enhancing its ImageWay Partner Program,” said Grace Huang, group product manager, Business Imaging, Epson America. “The addition of the WorkForce Pro C Series will not only help small- to medium-sized offices reduce color printing costs and increase productivity, but will provide VARs and commercial resellers with additional alternatives to color laser printers.”
WorkForce Pro C Series – Engineered for Business
The WorkForce Pro C Series is comprised of six new models packaged in a white form factor: the single function WorkForce Pro C Series WP-4010, WP-4023 and WP-4090 and the multifunction WorkForce Pro C Series WP-4520, WP-4533 and WP-4590. All models offer top-of-the-line cost-savings and productivity features, including up to 50 percent lower printing costs when compared to color laser printers and Ethernet connectivity. Wi-Fi b/g/n2 is available in the WP-4023 and WP-4533 models while the WP-4090 and WP-4590 models support Printer Control Language (PCL) and Postscript.
The printers provide laser-sharp text and brilliant color quality at the lowest total cost of ownership compared to color lasers1 when used with Epson’s highest capacity 711XXL cartridges, which offer up to 3,400 black and color page yield before the cartridge needs to be replaced. With the best-in-class three-year limited warranty and a 25,000-page monthly maximum duty cycle3, high print volume workgroups can rely on the WorkForce Pro C Series to maximize productivity. Plus, busy offices can save time with the ability to print from anywhere anytime using Epson Connect™, and the world’s fastest auto two-sided print speeds4 – 16 ISO ppm black and 11 ISO ppm color single-sided; 9.2 ISO ppm black and 7.1 ISO ppm color two-sided5.
Printing Solutions for Small-to-Medium Sized Offices
The WorkForce Pro C Series offers increased savings and productivity across business functions, including:
- Cost Savings: Up to 50 percent less in printing cost than color laser printers, low total cost of ownership, up to 50 percent paper cost savings with automatic two-sided printing and up to 70 percent less power consumption than laser printers6
- Reliable performance: Three-year limited warranty with second business-day shipping service, 25,000 maximum monthly maximum duty cycle, and virtually paper jam free.
- Increased productivity features: Print up to 3,400 pages per cartridge – up to six reams of paper – with Epson’s highest capacity 711 XXL cartridges; high paper capacity with an optional second tray and rear-feed tray for specialty media allows up to 580 sheets and less user intervention; and EPSON Connect™, Apple® Airprint™, Google Cloud Print™, and iPrint software solutions for mobile printing and scanning features that allow smartphones and tablets to print to or scan from the WorkForce Pro C Series printers7 anywhere, anytime.
- Quality output: Laser-sharp text and professional quality color graphics with 4800 × 1200 dpi, Epson DURABrite® Ultra cartridges provide instant dry prints with water, fade and smudge resistance
Pricing and Availability
The WorkForce Pro WP-4010 ($199), WP-4023 ($299) and WP-4090 ($399) single function models, and the WorkForce Pro WP-4520 ($299), WP-4533 ($399) and WP-4590 ($499) multifunction models will be available in March through the Epson ImageWay Partner Program to channel partners and through select commercial channel partners. For more information about the Epson ImageWay Partner Program, visit www.epson.com/imageway. For more information about the WorkForce Pro C Series Workgroup Color Printers, please visit www.epson.com.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product line-up ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for enterprise and the home, to sensors and other microdevices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 78,000 employees in 99 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit: http://global.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson is a registered trademark, and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. WorkForce is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
- Compared with best-selling color laser multifunction printers priced at $699 or less, as of December 2011. Calculation based on continuous printing with highest capacity cartridges. Actual savings will vary based on print task and use conditions.
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
- Monthly duty cycle is the highest duty cycle a user can expect in a month, based on near-constant operation. Maximum duty is not recommended for long term operation. Operate at the recommended duty for best long term performance and reliability. See www.epson.com for more information.
- Fastest in its class; printing black in default, two-sided mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Compared to inkjet multifunction printers priced at $499 or less, as of January 2011, based on manufacturers’ rated ISO speeds or independent testing.
- Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-sided and two-side modes in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
- Compared to the best-selling monochrome and color multifunction laser printers available for $699 or less as of December 2010. Actual power savings will vary by product model and usage.
- See www.epson.com/connect regarding compatible devices and apps.