E*TRADE UNVEILS SUPER BOWL® XLVI ADVERTISEMENT
E*TRADE Baby Returns to Show How Financial Consultants Can Help Investors Plan for Their Families’ Futures
NEW YORK, February 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — E*TRADE Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: ETFC) today announced that E*TRADE Securities LLC has unveiled a new 30-second “Talking Baby” advertisement which will run during the NBC® television network broadcast of Super Bowl XLVI.
The Super Bowl spot, entitled “Fatherhood,” features the E*TRADE Baby reassuring a nervous new dad about planning for his newborn daughter’s future with help from Financial Consultants at E*TRADE.
To view E*TRADE’s 2012 Super Bowl spot, visit http://www.youtube.com/etrade.
“As we celebrate our 5th year with the E*TRADE Baby, we’re focused on building on our momentum by ensuring the campaign remains memorable and iconic, and also says something new about E*TRADE’s offerings. With that in mind, this year’s approach features the Baby interacting with people facing important real-life events that trigger a need to consider investing,” said Nick Utton, Chief Marketing Officer of E*TRADE Financial Corporation.
“While E*TRADE is well-known for leading trading products, our new ad highlighting Financial Consultants provides a new perspective on the wide breadth of products, services and people available to help investors meet their long-term financial planning needs,” said Utton.
The Baby ad is part of a comprehensive new marketing campaign spanning television, print, online and social media, which includes:
- A second new Baby television spot called "Best Man"
- A series of Investing Solutions television commercials, launching in February, showcasing E*TRADE 360, Retirement and E*TRADE Pro
- Print and online executions aligned to the recently launched new etrade.com website
- Online advertising integration with key sites including CNNMoney.com™ and WSJ.com®, MSN.com™, Yahoo!®, Google®, YouTube®, Facebook® and Twitter®
- Fully integrated social media campaign featuring a “Top Ten Baby Moments” video, YouTube brand page, and Facebook and Twitter elements
- Over 60 million total views and over 28,000 subscribers on YouTube
- More than 92,000 Facebook Baby and Corporate pages fans
- Nearly 13,000 Twitter followers
- Ranked #1 in generating online buzz for its 2011 ‘Tailor’ television spot¹
The campaign was created by Grey New York, E*TRADE’s advertising agency of record since 2007.
Important Disclosures and Trademark Attributions
1. Zeta Interactive, 2011 Zeta Buzz Awards, January 24, 2012
E*TRADE FINANCIAL, E*TRADE and the E*TRADE logo are registered trademarks of E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporation. ETFC-G
Super Bowl is a registered trademark of the NFL and is used here for factual purposes only. E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corp. and its affiliates are not affiliated with the Super Bowl.
NBC is a registered trademark of NBC Universal Media, LLC.
CNNMoney.com is a trademark of Cable News Network, Inc.
WSJ.com is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
MSN.com is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Yahoo! is a registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
Google is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
YouTube is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
You must be 18 years of age to open an E*TRADE Securities account.
About E*TRADE Financial
The E*TRADE Financial family of companies provides financial services including online brokerage and related banking products and services to retail investors. Specific business segments include Trading and Investing and Balance Sheet Management. Securities products and services are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC (Member FINRA/SIPC). Bank products and services are offered by E*TRADE Bank, a Federal savings bank, Member FDIC, or its subsidiaries. More information is available at www.etrade.com.
© 2012 E*TRADE Financial Corporation. All rights reserved.