Groundbreaking New Fluke Networks Tester Troubleshoots the Most Common End-User Network Issues in About a Minute
OneTouch AT Network Assistant optimized for network technicians to help close trouble tickets faster; tests wired and wireless networks from the client to the cloud
EVERETT, Wash. — June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Fluke Networks today announced the OneTouch™ AT Network Assistant, a new tool for network technicians that automates troubleshooting of the most common end-user issues in about a minute,¹ greatly reducing the time it takes to close network trouble tickets and ensure end-user satisfaction.
Traditionally, network technicians spend more than an hour using a variety of tools such as protocol analyzers, PC utilities, and cable and network testers to solve network connectivity and performance issues, which provide limited, non-consolidated information. The OneTouch AT tester combines that functionality into a customizable, handheld tool with a one-button auto test feature that offers users the fastest² way to troubleshoot end-user issues that generally take up 25 percent of a network technician’s workday to resolve.³
“As a small team that’s always on the go, we can’t possibly have everything always at hand for network troubleshooting,” said Tony Peffley, systems and network administrator for Elkhart County in Indiana. “At least, that’s what I thought until I tried the OneTouch AT. All I can say is ‘wow’ – it really covers everything from basic cable testing to overall network performance on wired, wireless and fiber. So no matter what we face we’re ready.”
According to Fluke Networks’ vice president of the enterprise network analysis business, Gary Ger, that is exactly the kind of response the Fluke Networks’ innovation team had in mind when designing the OneTouch AT tester. “Connectivity and performance problems can hide in a variety of places throughout the network, and today’s frontline technician cannot be an expert in them all. When a trouble ticket is submitted, most organizations deploy a technician to fix the problem, but many do not have standardized testing processes, and today’s tools can be complex and time consuming,” Ger said. “The automated OneTouch AT was specifically designed to address these challenges, saving an organization, on average, approximately one man-week of troubleshooting each month.4”
The key features of the OneTouch AT include:
- One button auto test for faster problem identification
- Ability to test 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, gigabit Ethernet copper and fiber
- In-line copper and fiber packet capture
- Cable wire mapping, Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE), and link testing
- Remote access for enhanced collaboration with colleagues to speed problem resolution
- Network and service performance analysis
- Standardized, automated test scripts to ensure even the most novice user can troubleshoot problems
- New form factor with smartphone touchscreen and enhanced ruggedness for durability in the field
The OneTouch AT Network Assistant will be available June 27. For more information, please visit Fluke Networks.
About Fluke Networks
Fluke Networks is the world-leading provider of network test and monitoring solutions to speed the deployment and improve the performance of networks and applications. Leading enterprises and service providers trust Fluke Networks’ products and expertise to help solve today’s toughest issues and emerging challenges in WLAN security, mobility, unified communications and datacenters. Based in Everett, Wash., the company distributes products in more than 50 countries. For more information, visit www.FlukeNetworks.com or call +1 (425) 446-4519.
1. According to internal Fluke Networks customer research comparing standard testing tools and best practice protocols.
2. Fastest root cause analysis of network and application problems claim based on current industry practices and tools, which do not allow troubleshooting both at the desk and in the field for both wired and wireless networks.
3. According to internal Fluke Networks research of network professionals
4. According to internal Fluke Networks research of network professionals
OneTouch AT White Paper
Customer Case Study
OneTouch AT Brochure
Click the thumbnail above to watch
The OneTouch AT Video