OfficeMax Helps Students Stay ‘Plugged In’
Company Connects Students to the Season’s Hottest Tech Products To Help Manage Studies at School, Home and In Between
Naperville, Ill., August 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — OfficeMax® ((NYSE: OMX), a leader in office products and services, is keeping students in-step with the latest back-to-school technology at affordable prices. From tablets and laptops to high-tech backpacks, USBs and more, OfficeMax has big deals on technology to help students work smarter and manage assignments as they head back to the classroom.
“Schools today require that students be connected with the latest technology to succeed in the classroom and beyond, and our tech products feature greater capacity, faster connections and updated styling to help students do just that,” said Michael Lewis, executive vice president, president of Retail at OfficeMax. “Our broad selection provides solutions and price points to meet any students’ needs, while helping parents to stay within budget.”
Get Big Back-to-School Deals on Technology
- Trade In & Save: Save up to $200 when you trade in your laptop for a new computer at OfficeMax stores or at OfficeMax.com1. Also save $50 instantly on select top name-brand printers at OfficeMax when you trade in any used printer2 through Sept. 29.
- Free Computer Tune-Up: Students and teachers can boost their computer’s performance with a free Premium Tune-Up ($19.99 value) when they bring their laptop or PC to any OfficeMax Crtlcenter® Computer Support3 through Sept. 8.
- Nexus 7 is here! Get the new 16GB Nexus 7 at OfficeMax.com and at OfficeMax stores nationwide. Developed in partnership with Google ASUS, Nexus 7 sets the bar as the world’s first 7-inch tablet for lightweight entertainment including books, music, magazines and videos on Google Play.
- Lightweight Laptops, Tablets and eReaders: Take notes in class, get the homework done and have some fun with a selection of new lightweight laptops and tablets that won’t weigh down students’ book bags. Key features include extended battery life, more memory, built-in web cams and brilliant displays. OfficeMax features a variety of the latest laptops and tablets from top brands, including the HP® Pavilion Laptop featuring AMD A4-3305M Accelerated Processor, TOSHIBA Satellite® Laptop featuring AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor, HP ENVY Sleekbook featuring Next Gen AMD A6-4455M Accelerated Processor and LENOVO® IdeaPad® U310 Ultrabook™ featuring the third generation Intel Core i5-3317U Processor.
- Upgrade to Windows 8: Need a computer but worried you’ll miss the upcoming Windows 8 release? OfficeMax has you covered. Buy a Windows 7 PC at OfficeMax and get Windows 8 Pro for $14.994.
- Charge on the Go: Keep the conversation going between classes with a selection of innovative school bags equipped with a battery system powerful enough to charge the average smartphone twice. Available at OfficeMax, the ful® Powerbag backpacks, messenger bags and sling bags contain a built-in re-chargeable, removable battery with charging cords, including Apple 30 pin, micro, mini and USB connectors. Powerbags also include padded 14” to 16” laptop pockets and additional pockets for school supplies.
- High-Speed Wi-Fi: High-speed wireless routers including the D-Link® DIR-636 Router and the Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router let students stay connected to the internet with fast, reliable and secure Wi-Fi connections throughout their home, apartment or dorm room.
- Creative Flash Drives: Take homework to and from school with fun, pocket-size USB devices that standout from the class. With up to 8GBs of storage, OfficeMax has a selection of practical and fun flash drives featuring a variety of creative designs inspired by the hottest movies, sports and fashion, including The Avengers and The Amazing Spiderman, skate boards, candy lollipops and more.
Big Back-to-School Deals at OfficeMax
Check out OfficeMax’s weekly back-to-school promotions on the OfficeMax back-to-school web page or via OfficeMax Mobile. Search by zip code for in-store and online promotions, view school supply recommendations by grade and shop directly for school supplies online.
Sign-up for OfficeMax’s weekly email to get the latest in back-to-school deals sent to your inbox, or join the OfficeMax MaxPerks® Rewards program for additional opportunities to save.
OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE: OMX) is a leader in integrating products, solutions and services for the workplace, whether for business or at home. The OfficeMax mission is simple: We provide workplace innovation that enables our customers to work better. The company provides office supplies and paper, in-store print and document services through OfficeMax ImPress®, technology products and solutions, and furniture to businesses and consumers. OfficeMax customers are served by approximately 29,000 associates through e-commerce, more than 900 stores in the U.S. and Mexico, direct sales and catalogs. OfficeMax has been named one of the 2012 World’s Most Ethical Companies, and is the only company in the office supply industry to receive Ethics Inside® Certification by the Ethisphere Institute. To find the nearest OfficeMax, call 1-877-OFFICEMAX. For more information, visit www.officemax.com.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of OfficeMax Incorporated used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of OfficeMax Incorporated. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Limit one per customer. Visit www.Officemax.com/tradein for details.
2 Valid in store only. See stores for details.
3 No purchase required. Student or teacher ID must be presented to receive offer. See stores for details.
4 Offer valid June 2, 2012 through January 31, 2013. Redeem download of Windows 8 when available. For complete details, visit windowsupgradeoffer.com.
# # #
OfficeMax Technology Products
OfficeMax News Room