World Record-Breaking Rides, Innovative Show Technology and an Historic Theme Park Transformation Coming to Six Flags in 2013
2013 Season Passes Go on Sale Starting Today
Grand Prairie, TX — August 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, today announced that it will introduce another exciting array of thrill and family rides, spectacular stage shows, and extreme water slides in 2013 across its 19 North American parks, including the transformation of Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari in New Jersey into one property, creating the largest regional theme park in the world.
“Innovation is part of our DNA,” said Jim Reid-Anderson, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “On the heels of a tremendously well-received lineup of rides and attractions in 2012, we are taking our creativity to an even higher level by delivering an unprecedented season of jaw-dropping experiences that only Six Flags can deliver.”
Among the 2013 highlights:
- In New Jersey, the Six Flags Great Adventure complex will undergo its most dramatic transformation in 13 years as the theme and safari parks combine into one property to become the world’s largest theme park. The mega-park will introduce a new, one-of-a-kind themed attraction—Safari Off Road Adventure—that transports guests from the theme park on a safari that features 1,200 animals from six continents. Safari Off Road Adventure will entertain guests on rugged, up-close animal encounters as they view, pet or hand feed these majestic animals—or fly high above them on a zip line. In addition, the Hurricane Harbor water park in New Jersey will unveil Big Wave Racer, a massive slide complex that sends riders barreling; head first, down multiple lanes that stretch 1,800 feet on an aerodynamically-designed water toboggan. Only at Six Flags Great Adventure can you ride a wave, go on safari and soar on world-record breaking coasters.
- For guests who choose to “live life to its fullest”, Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed Thrill Capital of the World with more coasters than anywhere else on the planet, is adding yet another record-breaking ride to its unrivaled lineup of world class coasters—Full Throttle, the world’s tallest, fastest looping roller coaster. Full Throttle will deliver a “you only live once” adventure as riders accelerate from zero to more than 70 miles per hour on two forward launches, and an unprecedented third backward launch. Riders will experience a record 160-foot loop, plus a never-been-done-before launch up and over a “Top Hat” that traces the outside of the world record loop.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom—the only combined wildlife, marine life and wild rides theme park in the U.S. will present Cirque Dreams Splashtastic. This new aquatic adventure will combine aerialists and acrobats with the power and grace of bottlenose dolphins in a phenomenal new show that is certain to delight audiences of all ages.
- Six Flags Over Texas is unveiling a new record-breaking icon—the Texas SkyScreamer. Soaring at an unprecedented 400 feet, Texas SkyScreamer will be the tallest swing ride in the world, and transform the park’s skyline as guests circle high above North Texas.
- Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, Texas is stepping up the thrill factor for its 30th anniversary season by adding new video technology on one of its most popular water slides. Black Hole of Doom 4-D will take guests on a virtual journey with the addition of themed holographic imagery and mind- blowing sound effects.
- One of only two hybrid roller coasters of its kind in the world, Iron Rattler makes its debut at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. Utilizing state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track™©® the innovative Iron Rattler will provide four over-banked turns, the most of any hybrid coaster today, and be the first-of-its-kind to deliver a complete barrel-roll inversion. The New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over texas was the first-ever hybrid coaster, and it was voted the “Best New Ride” in 2011.
- Six Flags Great America near Chicago welcomes igNIGHT — Grand Finale, the most technologically advanced show in the park’s history, uniquely integrating state-of-the-art lighting, sound, singing, dancing, and fireworks for the ultimate finale.
- Both Hurricane Harbor water parks at Six Flags New England and Six Flags America will introduce new thrills with revolutionary new water attractions. Bonzai Pipelines will accommodate six riders simultaneously as they twist through individual tubes. Guests will feel the rush as they step into the state-of-the-art “Drenaline Drop” launching capsules before free-falling more than 200 feet through twisting and turning slides.
- Six Flags Over Georgia will introduce the park’s tallest attraction in its 45-year history—SkyScreamer, a tower swing ride that spins guests in open-air swings up to 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower.
- Six Flags White Water, Atlanta’s premier water park, is introducing Typhoon Twister, a giant thrill slide that sends riders barreling down a five-story drop before shooting them out into a 67-foot bowl. Typhoon Twister will be the first of its kind if in the state of Georgia.
- Flying into The Great Escape in upstate New York is Screamin’ Eagles, an interactive flying ride providing thrills for riders of all ages. Open-air vehicles and high-speed rotations allow guests to control their own experience as they soar to new heights with this re-introduction of a classic. Screamin’ Eagles is the first of many upcoming changes for the 2013 season.
- Six Flags St. Louis is turning things upside down with the addition of Boomerang. The 28-passenger trains pulls guests up 125 feet, backward, to the top of the first lift hill and then shoots them through 1,650 feet of track including twists, turns and inversions at 50 miles per hour. Just when guests think they are done, the trains fly through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill and sweeping them through all the spirals, loops and turns again.
- La Ronde, located on a beautiful island near downtown Montréal will welcome Aqua Twist, a new interactive family ride designed to engage passengers and bystanders in a fun and entertaining water battle.
- For the first time ever, the thrilling Fright Fest event enjoyed by guests at all other Six Flags parks is making its debut at Six Flags Mexico in October. Festival del Terror will deliver “Thrills by Day and Fright by Night” with special Halloween activities for kids and five haunted mazes.
- Also in 2013, the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park will introduce an exciting addition sure to take kids on a trip they will never forget. Stay tuned for more information coming this fall.
Six Flags stands for big thrills, world class entertainment and lifelong memories shared with family and friends.
Starting now through October 28, 2012, 2013 Season Passes for all Six Flags parks are on sale at our lowest prices of the year and provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2012 season (including Fright Fest) and all of the 2013 season. For more information about Season Passes, visit your local park or www.sixflags.com.
For information about upcoming 2013 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting all of the new rides and attractions, visit www.sixflags.com/2013news. Go Big, Go Six Flags!
®/TM trademarks ©Rocky Mountain Construction 2012
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with over $1.0 billion in revenue and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 50 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Right-click the button below for ‘SAVE’ options