WebMD Unveils a New Cover-to-Cover Design for Its Award-Winning Magazine
WebMD the Magazine Connects Brands With Consumers at the Point-of-Care and Along Their Healthy Living Journey
New York, NY (September 4, 2012) /PRNewswire/ — WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD), the leading source of health information, today unveiled a new design for WebMD the Magazine with an increased focus on healthy living. The magazine is available in print at doctors’ offices and as an interactive app for the Apple® iPad®. WebMD the Magazine provides consumers with health and wellness content when and where they prefer, to empower and enable health decisions anytime, anywhere. Along with WebMD’s industry-leading network of consumer and professional websites and mobile platforms, the magazine provides a robust consumer experience.
“Consumers are thinking about their health as part of their daily life decisions and WebMD the Magazine supports health consumerism by educating and inspiring readers to live better and engage in meaningful health conversations with their family, friends and healthcare providers,” said Heidi Anderson, WebMD the Magazine Publisher. “WebMD the Magazine enables advertisers to engage with consumers when they are making health decisions whether in the doctor’s waiting room or at home cooking a family meal.”
Created by the most trusted brand in the U.S., WebMD the Magazine editors have unique insight into consumer health through the top trending healthy living and condition topics on WebMD.com, so they know what is on the mind of consumers when it is timely and in demand. WebMD created a new look and feel of the magazine to reflect consumer health trends with integrated online content and video on the free iPad® app.
WebMD the Magazine is a trusted source of healthy living and condition information for consumers while they are in the mindset of health & wellness, celebrating and inspiring readers about every aspect of healthy living. WebMD the Magazine reaches highly-engaged health consumers who are coming to WebMD’s print, online and mobile products with a healthy sense of purpose. More than 8.5 million people are reading the magazine for immediate answers to their health and wellness questions. As a result, 28 percent of readers visit the pharmacy within 24 hours of reading an issue, while 22 percent visit a retailer.
WebMD the Magazine covers healthy living from health headlines and nutritious recipes to celebrity health stories, bringing WebMD.com content to print. The new sections will cover health conditions A to Z with the goal of inspiring readers to take charge of their health by initiating more meaningful conversations with their doctors and health care professionals. With WebMD editors uniquely positioned to understand emerging health trends, WebMD the Magazine now features six easy-to-access sections, each mapping to trending topics on WebMD.com. The new sections include:
- Living Healthy: Living Healthy delivers smart, real-life information on a range of topics designed to inform, support, and motivate readers to make healthier decisions every day. It is where readers can find trusted information that inspires action and provokes thought, with a deeper dive into trending topics with the expertise of top lifestyle experts to uncover the facts and make them clear and easy to understand. Living Healthy is a source for fitness and exercise; eating, diet, and cooking; skincare and beauty content; and more.
- Healthy Beauty: WebMD Healthy Beauty is the perfect guide for advice on attainable beauty. Catering to readers who are busy, active, and short on time, Healthy Beauty is the source for content to help readers look and feel their best, featuring fresh news highlighting skin, hair, nails, cosmetics, procedures, regimens, and lifestyle adjustments within every issue.
- Family & Parenting: WebMD Family and Parenting is the trusted guide to encourage families to live healthier lives. This guide enables parents to navigate and negotiate the complex issues that come with starting and nurturing a family. With every issue, readers can find answers, reassurance, and solutions to their everyday questions.
- Food & Recipes: WebMD Food & Recipes is a culinary partner for smarter food choices, the latest news on food trends, faster, healthier, and tastier recipes, and attainable healthy cooking goals. This Food & Recipes section gives readers the tools and the confidence to plan, create a menu, shop for, and cook complete meals for themselves and their families. A go-to guru on what to eat, why it’s good for your health, where to get it, how to prepare it, and how to make it taste amazing, this section offers healthy and savory solutions to dazzle taste buds.
- Fitness & Exercise: The Fitness and Exercise section offers readers up-to-date information to help them stay fit, fueled and energized. From training for a race to simple workouts while at your desk, this section provides content to help readers succeed.
- WebMD Checkup: Offering insights and inspiration, the Checkup gives readers an inside look at living healthy with a condition. With health tips from readers, tips from experts and doctors, and factoids about conditions, readers get a 360-degree view on how to live healthier with firsthand references.
WebMD the Magazine’s free iPad® app is consistently the #1 downloaded health magazine app in Apple’s newsstand and a top 10 overall health app in the iPad® app store. Content within WebMD the Magazine’s iPad® app reflects the redesign of the print publication and includes embedded interactive enhancements from WebMD.com, including videos, blogs, slideshows and additional exclusive content.
For more information about WebMD the Magazine or WebMD the Magazine’s free iPad® app, please visit www.webmd.com/magazine.
About WebMD the Magazine
WebMD the Magazine, launched in 2004, is an award-winning, free magazine distributed to more than 85 percent of the highest prescribing doctor’s offices in the U.S. and is available as a free iPad® app. In January 2013, WebMD will increase distribution in doctor’s offices across the nation by 100,000 copies, increasing its reach and providing more readers with access to credible health and wellness information when they most need it.
WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, Medscape Education and other owned WebMD sites.
All statements contained in this press release, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements, including those regarding: our expectations concerning market opportunities and our ability to capitalize on them; and the benefits expected from new products or services. These statements speak only as of the date of this press release and are based on our current plans and expectations, and they involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual future events or results to be different than those described in or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include those relating to: market acceptance of our products and services; relationships with customers and strategic partners; and changes in economic, political or regulatory conditions or other trends affecting the healthcare, Internet and information technology industries. Further information about these matters can be found in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings.