TRIPADVISOR REVEALS THE MOST ROMANTIC HOTELS IN THE WORLD
TripAdvisor Shares the Love for Valentine’s Day with the Travelers’ Choice Awards for the Most Romantic Hotels Tweet
NEWTON, MASS. — February 5, 2013 — /PRNewswire/ — TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel site*, today announced the U.S. and worldwide winners of its 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards for the Most Romantic Hotels. Unlike any other hotel honors, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards are based on millions of valuable reviews and opinions from travelers around the world.
“If you need inspiration for a romantic getaway, close to home or somewhere more exotic, look no further than the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “The awards are based on feedback from couples who have stayed at these hotels and given them the highest romantic stamp of approval.”
Top 10 Romantic Hotels in the US:
- Bardessono, Yountville, California
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort, Poipu, Hawaii
- Inn of the Five Graces, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur, California
- Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, Healdsburg, California
- Ocean Lodge, Saint Simons Island, Georgia
- Casa Laguna Inn & Spa, Laguna Beach, California
- Mountain Home Lodge, Leavenworth, Washington
- Tickle Pink Inn, Carmel, California
- Henderson Park Inn, Destin, Florida
Top 10 Romantic Hotels in the World:
- Anastasis Apartments, Imerovigli, Greece
- La Minerva, Capri, Italy
- Cranleigh Boutique, Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
- Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant, Windermere, United Kingdom
- Baros Maldives, North Male Atoll, Maldives
- Casa del Mar, Langkawi, Pantai Cenang, Malaysia
- Bardessono, Yountville, California
- Al Maha Desert Resort, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Layana Resort and Spa, Ko Lanta, Thailand
- Veligandu Island Resort, North Ari Atoll, Maldives
For the complete list of winners from the 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards for the Most Romantic Hotels, more reviews and candid traveler photos, go to www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Romance.
To see the best hotels for luxury, bargain, and more, as honored in TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for Hotels from January, go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels.
Note to Editors
The Travelers’ Choice Awards for the Most Romantic Hotels are based on the millions of hotel reviews and opinions from travelers on TripAdvisor gathered over a 12-month period since the 2012 awards, with emphasis on insights from those who have marked, on the review form, that they stayed at the hotel as a ‘Couple’.
TripAdvisor® is the world’s largest travel site,* enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 60 million unique monthly visitors*, and over 75 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 19 other travel media brands, and together the sites attract more than 69 million unique monthly visitors.** TripAdvisor, Inc.’s travel media brands include www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.everytrail.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.onetime.com, www.seatguru.com, www.sniqueaway.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travel-library.com, www.travelpod.com, www.virtualtourist.com, www.whereivebeen.com, and www.kuxun.cn.
* Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, Worldwide, July 2012
** Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Worldwide, July 2012
©2013 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved.