Nestlé Purina PetCare Company
PURINA® PRO PLAN® INVITES PET LOVERS TO VOTE ON AMERICA’S GREATEST DOGS
Grand Prize Winner to be Featured in Purina Pro Plan National Ad Campaign
St. Louis, Mo. (Sept. 17, 2012) /PRNewswire/ — A tetherball playing Retriever, a skateboarding Bulldog, and a kennel club champion; these are just some of the finalists in the Purina® Pro Plan® “How is Your Dog Great?” Video Contest who have proven that all dogs can achieve greatness in their own unique way. Purina Pro Plan is now asking for America to participate in the nationwide contest, which celebrates the greatness in all dogs, by helping choose the winner that will be featured in an upcoming Purina Pro Plan commercial.
From now until Oct. 8, pet lovers nationwide can go to the Purina Pro Plan YouTube channel to view the inspiring finalist videos and vote for their favorite. The nationwide contest, which launched in July, called on pet owners to celebrate their dog’s inner greatness by uploading a short video to the Purina Pro Plan YouTube channel. Pet lovers were asked to capture moments along their dog’s journey toward greatness that would inspire others to find what motivates their dogs and enhance it. More than 500 videos were submitted and a qualified panel of judges evaluated each entry based on inspiration and the originality, creativity and composition of the video.
“Our mission was to inspire all dog owners to capture the greatness within their dogs, and we were thrilled by the outpouring of videos from pet lovers across the country showcasing their dogs striving to reach their full potential,” said Robert Tochterman, brand manager of Purina Pro Plan. “We hope that Americans will watch and get inspired by these incredible stories and be motivated to help their dogs unleash their inner greatness.”
The grand prize winner, chosen by a combination of the public’s votes and an independent judging panel, will have their winning video featured in an upcoming Pro Plan commercial, to be unveiled at the 2013 Westminster Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show. The winner also will receive a trip for two to the show in New York, including round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations. Purina Pro Plan serves as the official pet food sponsor of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. In addition, the finalists will receive a one-year supply of Purina Pro Plan dog food to help support their dog’s continuing journey toward greatness with high-quality nutrition.
For additional information and to participate, please visit the Purina Pro Plan YouTube channel.
Purina Pro Plan “How is Your Dog Great” Contest Finalists
Pets chosen as the finalists in the Purina Pro Plan “How is Your Dog Great?” Video Contest include:
- Bindi, submitted by Leslie H. (Concord, CA)
- Every park is a playground for this mixed breed 5-year-old dog. Running, jumping and catching balls, Bindi loves to have fun with her family.
- Ceilidh, submitted by Phyllis M. (Tyrone, NM)
- There are never too many activities for this 12-year-old Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. After a mountain hike, the energetic dog stays busy and enjoys a rousing game of tetherball with her friends Sue and Ranger.
- Fritz, submitted by Matthew O. (Skaneateles, NY)
- The great outdoors is this mixed breed’s favorite place to play. Fritz loves having his companion, Kevin, by his side – especially when Fritz is pulling him through a stream for a fun water ride.
- Gracie Lou, submitted by Ashley B. (Howell, MI)
- The highly accomplished German Shorthaired Pointer enjoys putting her athletic talents to the test, which demonstrates how she has achieved a perfect score on her conformation test and is a kennel club champion.
- Gus, submitted by Chris B. (Springfield, MO)
- Joining his family on the golf course, this Shorkie brings his best to the green and helps those around him improve their game.
- Money, submitted by Moshe C. (Marina Del Rey, CA)
- A skateboard, rather than leash, is this Bulldog’s accessory of choice. The athletic dog has enjoyed cruising down the Venice Beach boardwalk ever since he was a puppy.
- Noodles, submitted by Lori B. (Chicago, IL)
- Noodles is quite the student, which helps make the mixed breed a more complete package – a helper, athlete, actor and trick dog.
- Peaches, submitted by Sheree H. (Weiser, ID)
- After a roadside rescue, this Pomeranian recovered to become a smart and lively dog who likes to dance, speak and retrieve her favorite toys.
About Purina Pro Plan
Purina® Pro Plan® supports pets and their owners on their personal journey toward greatness. The brand offers a complete line of dog and cat food made with high-quality ingredients for outstanding nutrition and taste in a variety of formulas to help meet a pet’s unique needs based on life stage, lifestyle and breed size. By providing this top-tier nutrition for dogs and cats, plus key resources and tools, Purina Pro Plan believes it can help pets reach their full potential – so they can live healthy, happy lives.
About Nestlé Purina
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a global leader in the pet care industry and promotes responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. The North American headquarters for Nestlé Purina is located at Checkerboard Square in St. Louis, Missouri. Nestlé Purina is part of Swiss-based Nestlé, the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company.