Celebrating Winter Solstice 2012
METAXA releases the Sun on
the longest night of the year!
LONDON, December 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — All across the Northern Hemisphere, as we get to the shortest day of the year, METAXA releases the Sun it has captured with each and every drop, known all over the world as possibly the ‘Smoothest amber spirit under the Sun’. Enjoy each and every moment, with friends & family, and chase the cold and winter feeling away with the joy & optimism METAXA provides you with.
On the evenings leading up to this Winter Solstice, your favourite METAXA cocktails will take you on a journey that lights up your night. The Hot Sun winter warmer will give you a relaxing après-ski feeling, and the heavenly Brown Sugar shot will take you shooting straight for the Sun.
Join METAXA at one of its hot spots across the Northern Hemisphere to soak some sun into the evenings leading to this Winter Solstice on December 21st:
- From December 15th until snow lasts, drop by the Zur Berghex in the Austrian Alps (Nassfeld, Carinthia) for great views over the snow capped mountains while you enjoy a METAXA Hot Sun. Glide, sit back & enjoy!
- Celebrate the longest evening of the year with your glass of METAXA and stunned by one of the most breathtaking views in the world: that of the Acropolis as seen from the Orizontes restaurant on Mount Lycabettus. The trip up is already a whole sensorial experience. If you have not been there since December 15th, we have news for you here…
- Discover revisited versions of ‘Sun infused’ Sun Tonic in Moscow@317 City café, Berlin@Lebensstern, Sopot@Klub Versalka, Athens@Spiti Cocktail Bar, Prague@Bastion
- Enjoy the Christmas ambiances and winter markets inTallinn and other Baltic capitals as the Hot Sun is not only your warming up treat but also the talk of the town
- Another selection of extremely selective venues invites you to celebrate the Winter Solstice with METAXA. Among them, the prestigious Loft lounge in Bucharest, the GB bar at the Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens, Chez Odette in Brussels. Hundreds of venues to celebrate the longest evening of year. Ask your local mixologist to surprise you with their own METAXA creation, they love the challenge!
- Savor a Brown Sugar in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, St Petersburg, Riga or Helsinki. Ask your favourite bar star to treat you to the shot that you’ll never forget!
Feel like enjoying the evening at home with your close ones? Surprise them with simple yet delicious creations: sun-kissed drinks are prepared in no time.
- Enjoy the winter festive feel with a METAXA Hot Sun warmer: METAXA, cinnamon and apple. First, lightly heat natural apple juice and pour it in your favourite mug. Fill about 2/3 high. Add 4cl of METAXA 5 Stars and garnish with a cinnamon stick and a slice of apple. Looks and tastes fabulous!
- For shot lovers, the Brown Sugar subtly combines the smoothness of METAXA with delicious espresso coffee, brown sugar and the freshness of orange. Slice a nice, juicy orange and cover the slices with brown sugar and espresso coffee. Pour METAXA 7 Stars into a shot glass. Bite into the orange slice, take the shot of METAXA and embrace the explosion of flavours.
METAXA celebrates the Winter Solstice and brings you the Sun on the longest night of the year. A good way to start the festive days ahead, leading to the New Year!
METAXA 5 Stars
METAXA 5 Stars is a beautifully balanced marriage of fine wine distillates matured up to five years in oak casks and of Muscat wines from the Aegean islands. Dark honey in colour, with floral, fruity aromas and elegant oak notes.
METAXA 5 Stars is perfect on its own or at the heart of delicious cocktails and long drinks.
METAXA 7 Stars
METAXA 7 Stars is the premium expression of the METAXA style, featuring longer-aged Muscat wines from the Aegean Islands and the finest wine distillates matured up to seven years in oak casks. Old gold in colour, it reveals delicate aromas of Muscat and soft vanilla, followed by full, balanced flavours.
METAXA 7 Stars is best enjoyed neat or with ice. Also as a shot with Brown Sugar.
About the House of Metaxa
METAXA was founded in 1888 by Spyros Metaxa, a man of taste and a natural risk-taker. In 1888, METAXA set out to start where other spirits had stopped. In a league of its own, METAXA is the smoothest spirit under the sun, thanks to its Muscat wines from the Aegean islands. METAXA is the only international spirit to bring together fine aged wine distillates and these intensely aromatic Muscat wines. Smooth, aromatic and endlessly versatile, METAXA brings a touch of sun into the heart of your long drinks and cocktails.
All METAXA cocktail recipes are available at www.metaxa.com
METAXA: Touch the sun!
Please enjoy responsibly