Faurecia showcases new innovation trends at the 2012 LA Auto Show
Los Angeles, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — At the 2012 LA Auto Show, Faurecia reveals that cars and trucks soon will become an integral part of the consumer’s persona, with a range of trendsetting opportunities for vehicle owners:
- Seat backs, cushions and headrests move with the driver as the body changes position and the vehicle climbs, descends, turns and accelerates.
- Drivers and passengers will be not only more digitally connected than ever before but also more cocooned in comfort, with a score of massage zones in a seat that serves as a high–tech office, entertainment system and spa.
- Personalized fashion statements will be declared with interior fashion themes inspired by five “Trendset Cities” around the globe.
- Lightweight carbon–fiber–reinforced plastics will make the entire vehicle lighter on its feet and more resilient to the rigors of the road to offer a more efficient and reassuring drive.
- Hybrid vehicles will produce a warm and comforting interior more rapidly on cold mornings with an exceptionally efficient exhaust heat recovery device.
Visitors can discover how the latest technology will reshape the way that owners relate to their vehicles during press days Nov. 28–29 at Faurecia’s exhibit in the South Hall, Upper Level Lobby of the LA Convention Center. Among the Faurecia achievements exhibited at the show are:
- Urban Rhythm Seat: A thin seat incorporating responsive thermoplastic surfaces that adjust to the occupant’s body size, shape and posture. Urban Rhythm relies on a compliant plastic seatback, cushion and headrest that work in orchestrated fashion to keep occupants comfortable and protect from whiplash.
- Oasis Seat: For the chauffeured traveler, a luxurious customized personal space with separate positions for working, entertainment and relaxation; offering surround-sound speakers in the headrest, HMI touch and gesture controls, and 20 massage cells from neck to calf, all demonstrated on screen.
- “Trendset Cities” from Collections by Faurecia: Interior styling themes inspired by Paris, Berlin, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Seoul are translated to different materials, colors, patterns and grains that can be assembled in millions of combinations, plus a new sustainable approach using Faurecia’s wood-fiber based Ligneco.
- Exhaust Heat Recovery Manifold: Co-developed with Ford Motor Company, the EHRM integrates the heat-recovery function directly into the exhaust manifold. The EHRM heats up a hybrid vehicle’s passenger compartment as much as 50 percent faster than configurations where this system is not employed, so the vehicle can switch from its gas-burning thermal engine to its electric powertrain earlier, reducing fuel consumption and emissions. The EHRM is assembled using Faurecia’s brazing technology, which enables thinner materials to be used, while providing higher quality and better durability.
- Carbon-Composite Structures: Faurecia’s carbon composite rear deck lid surround for Aston Martin slashes the weight of the structure from 15.2 lbs for the fiberglass version to just 7.9 lbs. Faurecia’s carbon-fiber product is 50 percent lighter than a conventional steel surround and 15 percent lighter than aluminum.
“At the 2012 LA Auto Show, Faurecia innovations present an orchestrated array of seating, interior décor, efficient emissions management and exterior materials with unprecedented levels of personal customization, comfort and sustainability,” said Faurecia North America President Mike Heneka. “With brand–new ways to look at the automobile’s design, content and functionality, Faurecia shows how we will drive, work, communicate and play in our next new car.”
Faurecia is the world’s sixth–largest automotive supplier with four key Business Groups: Automotive Seating, Emissions Control Technologies, Interior Systems and Automotive Exteriors. In 2011, the Group posted sales of $22.5 billion. Faurecia employs 84,000 people in 33 countries at 270 sites and 40 R&D centers. Faurecia is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange.
In North America, Faurecia had sales of $4.8 billion in 2011. It employs more than 17,000 people at 45 production sites and technical and customer centers.
Connect with Faurecia North America at www.facebook.com/faureciaNA, www.twitter.com/faurecia_NA, and www.pinterest.com/faureciaNA.
Visit us also at www.FaureciaLAAutoShow.com.
Faurecia North America
+52 (55) 5985-7820 x33
Olivier Le Friec
Manager, Media Relations
+33 6 76 87 30 17