Las Vegas High Roller Observation Wheel Reaches New Heights
Focal point of The LINQ, Caesars Entertainment’s $550 million center-Strip development, meets major construction milestone
"This was a significant step for us. The level of technical precision and detailed planning to attach a 22-ton passenger cabin to the rim is tremendous," said David Codiga, executive project director for The LINQ. "Seeing the cabin rotate to the top of wheel is not only very satisfying for our team, who has spent years working very hard to get to this point; but it also signifies we're just that much closer to becoming operational. We're all very eager to welcome passengers to the tallest and most advanced wheel in the world and this gets us one step closer."
Ahead of today's first center-point rotation, the 44,000-pound, spherical, glass-enclosed cabin had to travel to the wheel site from its assembly warehouse. Transferred via police escort provided by the Nevada Highway Patrol, it took approximately three hours to travel the cabin 10 miles. In total, the High Roller will feature 28 cabins that will each hold 40 passengers. The process to attach the additional cabins to the wheel will take place over the course of the next two months.
The LINQ will open in phases beginning in late 2013. During the construction phase, The LINQ and High Roller have employed about 3,000 construction workers and will create approximately 1,500 permanent jobs upon opening.
For more information on the High Roller visit TheLINQ.com.
This release includes “forward-looking statements” intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You can identify these statements by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. These statements contain words such as “may,” “will,” “project,” “might,” “expect,” “believe,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “could,” “would,” “estimate,” “continue” or “pursue,” or the negative or other variations thereof or comparable terminology. In particular, they include statements relating to, among other things, future actions, new projects, strategies, future performance, the outcomes of contingencies and future financial results of Caesars. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and projections about future events.
Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties that cannot be predicted or quantified and, consequently, the actual performance of Caesars and the Linq may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following factors, as well as other factors described from time to time in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (including the sections entitled “Risk Factors” and “Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” contained therein):
- the effects of local and national economic, credit and capital market conditions on the economy in general, and on the gaming, hotel and shopping mall industries in particular;
- construction factors for the construction of the Linq, including delays, increased costs of labor and materials, availability of labor and materials, zoning issues, environmental restrictions, soil and water conditions, weather and other hazards, site access matters and building permit issues;
- the ability to enter into definitive agreements with the tenants that we are in discussions with or have executed a letter of intent with;
- changes in laws, including increased tax rates, smoking bans, regulations or accounting standards, third-party relations and approvals, and decisions, disciplines and fines of courts, regulators and governmental bodies;
- acts of war or terrorist incidents, severe weather conditions, political uprisings or natural disasters;
- access to insurance on reasonable terms for our assets; and
- the effects of competition, including locations of competitors and operating and market competition.
Any forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and, as such, speak only as of the date made. Caesars disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date stated, or if no date is stated, as of the date of this press release.
Vice President of Corporate Public Relations