Senior Manager PR and Communications
SXSW ® ‘DREAM GIG’ CONTEST OFFERS FACEBOOK FANS A CHANCE TO ATTEND SXSW 2013 AS ESURANCE’S OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENT
“Dream Gig” Winner Also Receives 10-Day Hotel Stay, $2,000, and a New iPad®
SAN FRANCISCO – January 9, 2013 – Inspired by technology? Tapped into music? Moved by film? Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, is holding a “Dream Gig” contest to find the perfect candidate to help cover the action at this year’s South by Southwest® (SXSW) Music, Film, and Interactive Conference in Austin, Texas.
Esurance is looking for a social media-savvy storyteller who can be an official SXSW correspondent and contribute a series of daily videos that share the excitement and buzz of an event that is the cornerstone of the music, film, and digital media industries. Esurance will document their adventures, collaborating with the winner on daily highlights videos that will capture the zeitgeist of the conference and appear on the Esurance Facebook page. Here’s how the process will work:
- Those who think they have what it takes to cover one of the year’s most coveted events can “Like” Esurance’s Facebook page between now and January 25 and apply for the SXSW Dream Gig.
- Esurance will judge all entries based on specific criteria, and three finalists will be selected by February 4.
- The finalists will then create short videos explaining why they’re the perfect SXSW Esurance correspondent.
- Between February 15 – February 22, the finalists’ videos will air on Facebook, and friends (and fans) can ‘like’ Esurance to vote for their favorite entry.
- Anyone voting for the three Dream Gig finalists is automatically entered into a sweepstakes to win $500.
The Dream Gig winner can use their Platinum Badge and brand new iPad to navigate the conference and document their SXSW adventures, and their 10-day hotel stay at the Hilton Austin and $2000 stipend helps ensure the winner maxes out their fun quotient and has an experience of a lifetime!
SXSW 2013 offers attendees a unique convergence of emerging technologies, independent films, and original music. As one of the premier venues for creative endeavors, the nine-day event draws media attention and participants from around the world. Last year, nearly 60,000 people attended. The SXSW 2013 program includes:
- SXSW Interactive — featuring keynote presentations from Mathew Inman, artist and best-selling author behind The Oatmeal, and Elon Musk, CEO and product architect of Tesla Motors, CEO/CTO of SpaceX, and co-founder of PayPal.
- SXSW Film — new this year is Startup Alley, a section of the conference providing panels and networking opportunities with entrepreneurs and investors that influence the future of digital media. Also new, is the Come & Capture Film Factory, allowing participants to explore and interact with the newest tools for capturing and creating content.
- SXSW Music — a world-renowned music festival showcasing over 800 artists from more than dozens of countries on stages throughout downtown Austin. Highlights include, Cold War Kids, Major Lazer, The Crystal method, and a keynote speech from former Nirvana drummer and Foo Fighters frontman, Dave Grohl.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contest Phase I begins at 12:00 p.m. on 1/8/13. Ends at 11:59 p.m. on 1/25/13. Contest Phase II, and Sweepstakes entry phase, begins at 12:00 p.m. on 2/15/13. Ends at 11:59 p.m. on 2/22/13. Open to legal residents of any 1 of the 50 US states or DC (excluding FL and NY) who are at least 21 & age of majority. Internet access, a Facebook account in good standing, and a “Like” of Sponsor’s page are all required. Void where prohibited by law. SUBJECT TO FULL OFFICIAL RULES. ARV of Contest prize: $7,160. ARV of Sweepstakes prize: $500. Prize details may vary. Winner must be able to attend SXSW events in Austin, TX March 2013 or the prize may be forfeited. Prize does not include air travel or ground transportation. Limit 1 entry per person and per email address. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor: Esurance Insurance Services, Inc., 650 Davis St., San Francisco, California 94111-1922.
Esurance provides auto insurance direct to consumers online, over the phone, and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. With an easy-to-use mobile app, quick comparison quotes, and online repair monitoring, Esurance is insurance for the modern world™ and the smart choice for today’s web-savvy consumer. As a member of the Allstate family with an A+ rating from A.M. Best, Esurance is a reliable choice for car insurance, offering anytime, anywhere service just a click, call, or tap away. For more information, visit www.esurance.com or call 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).