TRACTENBERG & CO.
JOHN FRIEDA® HAIR CARE EXPERTS SET THE TONE AT NEW YORK FASHION WEEK CREATING SIGNATURE STYLES AT ZAC POSEN AND RODARTE
New York, NY, February 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — This season, the runways were dominated by undone, effortless hair looks. Top stylists relied on John Frieda® Hair Care products to set the trends at Zac Posen and Rodarte, masterminding modern, chic styles that blended loose, messy effects with polish. To complement Posen’s textured runway styles, John Frieda® Global Creative Consultant Luigi Morenu envisioned a contemporary take on the classic chignon, using John Frieda® Luxurious Volume formulas to modernize the look with loose, crimped pieces. Stylist Odile Gilbert completed the punk princess fantasy at Rodarte, using John Frieda® Frizz-Ease® products to create tousled waves accented by connected side braids and a headband of barbed wire.
ZAC POSEN – FALL 2013
THE STYLIST: John Frieda® Global Creative Consultant Luigi Murenu
THE LOOK: A glam, deconstructed chignon
- Before drying, Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse was raked through to build texture while keeping the hair soft and touchable
- Hair was pulled back into a chignon at the nape of the neck, with pieces left loose to give the look a messy, modern edge
- Each loose piece was carefully crimped, resulting in a mohair-like texture
- The look was set in place with Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray
RODARTE – FALL 2013
THE STYLIST: Odile Gilbert
THE LOOK: Rocker princess with a cool, “undone” texture
- Before drying the hair, Odile applied dollops of Frizz-Ease® Curl Reviver Styling Mousse to build texture while ensuring a smooth finish.
- After hair was blow-dried, a 2-inch iron was used to create loose bends. Frizz-Ease® Moisture Barrier Hairspray was lightly misted over each section before it was wrapped around the iron to lock the waves in place.
- Next, the waves were brushed out to make the texture look more natural, and braids on both sides were connected in the back of the head with a rose made of the models’ own hair.
- To finish the look, a dime size of the Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Thermal Protection Formula was smoothed over random ends to make sure the overall effect was “undone” with a little polish.
Kao USA Inc. is a leading manufacturer of premium beauty care brands that are recognized around the world for their innovation and quality. The Kao USA Inc. Consumer Products portfolio includes Ban® antiperspirants/deodorants; Jergens® and Curél® hand and body lotions; Bioré® facial care; John Frieda® Frizz-Ease®, Root Awakening®, Luxurious Volume, Sheer Blonde®, Brilliant Brunette®, Radiant Red®, Full Repair®, Precision Foam Colour and Luminous Color Glaze® hair care. Founded in 1882, Kao USA Inc. is a member of the Kao Group of companies.