GIVE A GIFT THAT GIVES BACK THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
- #GivingTuesday: United Way is encouraging partners, supporters and its network of 1,800 United Ways around the world to give back – not just money, but time and influence as well.
- Microsoft Corporation employees are selling the 2013 Discover | photographers@Microsoft book of photography for $50 plus shipping. Purchases can me made online or at certain locations. Microsoft donates all sales to United Way—including a company match on employee book purchases and employee volunteer hours to create the book. To date, Microsoft has raised more than $200,000 for United Way through book sales.
- American Express: When you buy this Special Edition United Way Gift Card between 10/1/2013 and 9/30/2014, we will donate 100% of the Gift Card fee to United Way to help the common good through education, income, and health programs.
- GE: At the online GE Appliance Outlet Store, GE donates 2% of the product purchase price to United Way.
- Amazon recently launched AmazonSmile where customers can shop on Amazon and donate 0.5% of the price of eligible items to over one million charitable organizations—including United Way.
- Kellogg Company has a consumer loyalty program, Kellogg’s Family Rewards™ Kelloggsfamilyrewards.com – customers collect points from products they purchase and then redeem points online—including the option to donate to United Way.
- Target: For the 23rd consecutive year, Target stores across the country will donate more than 7,000 holiday trees to United Way as part of the Target Share-a-Tree program. Trees will be distributed to families in need as well as partners such as shelters, community centers and childcare programs.
- U.S. Bank gives consumers $1 for trying U.S. Bank Bill Pay when they donate $1 to one of four selected charities, including United Way. U.S. Bank matches up to $50,000 annually in Bill Pay Giving donations.
According to the 2012 Cone Holiday Trend Tracker, nearly three-quarters (71%) of consumers expect companies to support causes during the holidays; 75% of consumers say they feel better about companies that support holiday causes; and 71% indicate they would choose a gift that supports a cause over one that does not.
As the largest privately funded nonprofit in the world, United Way works to create a better life for all people by focusing on education, income and health. You can give, advocate and volunteer to make your community a better place; just visit unitedway.org, follow @UnitedWay or check out Facebook.com/UnitedWay.