OpenText Unveils Responsive, Intuitive Web Experience Management Solution for Targeted, More Interactive Online Customer Experiences
OpenText WEM empowers businesses to offer compelling, omni-channel experiences, helping to improve online sales and customer loyalty
Waterloo, ON — June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today unveiled OpenText Web Experience Management (WEM), an innovative solution to help organizations exceed their customers’ online expectations by providing a targeted, responsive experience across omni-channel touch points, multiple languages and devices with varied capabilities and form-factors.
“Organizations are demanding new and agile solutions to help them differentiate their market presence from competitors by further personalizing and improving the overall customer experience on their websites. Success is measured by the ability to strengthen positive relationships with customers before, during and after the interaction,” said OpenText President and CEO, Mark J. Barrenechea. “OpenText Web Experience Management answers these needs by providing a compelling, intuitive and enjoyable interface that helps marketers create and manage their web sites for maximum retention, broadened brand awareness, and improved customer experience for increased revenue potential.”
Architected for the global enterprise and designed for business users, OpenText WEM transforms everyday online transactions into actionable, strategic insight. Supporting popular enterprise information platforms, languages and devices, OpenText WEM is the platform of choice for the ubiquitous management of content across all organizational boundaries. Tightly integrated with other solutions, such as OpenText Media Management and Customer Communications Management (CCM), OpenText WEM provides corporate marketers with a powerful and trusted, high-performance enterprise platform.
“OpenText has been listening to the needs of marketing and is now launching a powerfully redesigned CEM solution that can help businesses improve their web experiences significantly,” stated Scott Liewehr, president and principal analyst, Digital Clarity Group. “The new version of OpenText WEM is clearly not the Vignette of long ago. OpenText’s offering now includes some of the most advanced DAM functionality as well as many of the other pieces of scalable technology required to enable even the largest enterprises in their quest to improve their web experience for improved customer satisfaction and retention.” Tweet
The latest version of OpenText WEM delivers potent, new features to help maximize the online presence of today’s global businesses. These include:
- Support for Responsive Design – OpenText WEM is built with an intuitive design interface based on HTML5 that encourages business users to create a web presence that draws on images, video, text and documents following the principles of responsive design to help deliver the most optimized, non-disruptive experience possible on any platform or device. The simple and inviting user interface gives both experienced and non-technical marketers drag and drop in-line editing capabilities with previews to see the website in context as it is seen by visitors using any type of device.
- Highly Compelling Experiences – OpenText WEM can deliver targeted, personalized, relevant and rich media dynamically to audiences and systems on-demand. A flexible segmentation and targeting rules engine also helps marketers to incorporate capabilities from social media or integrated applications to deliver a recognizable experience for the end user. With the latest user preference for video and rich media-based information sharing, WEM integrates the market’s leading Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution, OpenText Media Management, to further improve the site visitor’s experience.
- Omni-Channel Touch Points
- WEM supports integration with many popular social networking sites, such as Facebook®, Twitter® and LinkedIn, and provides in-context viewing prior to publishing.
- Redesigned multi-lingual content flagging makes it easier for global organizations to manage the creation to publication process within a single system.
- Gathering analytics and marketing metrics is made easier, as web pages generated for all formats are delivered from a single system – OpenText WEM.
“By integrating OpenText Web Experience Management with OpenText’s Cloud services, we’ve been able to significantly improve the customer experience on our site and provide targeted marketing messages that drive our initiatives without the need for IT intervention,” commented Nicholas Tran, social media lead, Digital Marketing at Taco Bell. “Furthermore, OpenText WEM has enabled us to extend beyond traditional marketing channels by integrating social media, allowing us to further extend our reach to customers and take action on daily online engagement with strategic insight.”
The OpenText Web Experience Management solution is a key component of OpenText’s Customer Experience Management (CEM) offerings, which are designed to help create a richer, more interactive online experience across multiple channels—websites, mobile devices, social networks, printed documents, and more—without sacrificing an organization’s information governance requirements. These offerings, together with OpenText ECM, BPM, Information Exchange and Discovery, underpin OpenText’s strategy to lead the market in Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
OpenText Web Experience Management is available worldwide starting on June 28, 2013 directly through OpenText and through OpenText’s global partners.
To learn more about OpenText WEM and OpenText’s other EIM offerings:
- Visit: www.opentext.com/experiencewem
- Hear OpenText Senior VP Engineering, Muhi Majzoub, describe the importance of WEM for marketers: www.opentext.com/WEM
- View the latest OpenText WEM SlideShare presentation
- See demo videos on how OpenText WEM can help boost your customer experience
- Check out the OpenText EIM Resource Center to view the latest customer videos, whitepapers and more
- Follow OpenText on Twitter @opentext, LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/OpenText) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/opentext)
OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that helps companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText’s assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText’s Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2013 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.