Hoy’s Summer Of Riding
LONDON, July 26, 2013, PR Newswire/- After 15 years of gym sessions, relentless training and high pressure competitions, 6-times Olympic Champion and 11-times World Champion Sir Chris Hoy can finally kick back and enjoy cycling just for the fun of it.
To celebrate, he’s teaming up with the UK’s leading specialist bike shop Evans Cycles to create “Hoy’s Summer of Riding”. Together they are connecting people from up and down the UK, encouraging them to share their experiences of riding their bikes in the summer.
Every week from the start of June until mid-August, cyclists all over the country can share their photos to win fantastic prizes including brand new HOY bikes, Rapha Team Sky kit and tickets to an exclusive ‘Ride In Cinema’ at Herne Hill Velodrome. There is also an exclusive Hoy’s Summer of Riding offer every week, along with all other great offers on the huge range of bikes available at evanscycles.com.
Whilst this summer of riding is in full swing, Evans Cycles are also running their regular RideIt! organised rides. These are a great way for cyclists of all ages and abilities to get out riding in some beautiful locations and to meet like-minded people.
The RideIt! events still to come this summer are:
- North Downs – 27th & 28th July
- Liphook – 10th & 11th August
- Brighton – 17th & 18th August
- King of the Pennines – 8th September
These events follow Sir Chris’s UK tour to promote his new HOY bikes, available exclusively at Evans Cycles. From 17th-22nd June Chris travelled from London to Edinburgh, visiting 11 cities and meeting over 1,200 people. HOY bikes have been jointly developed by Sir Chris and the design team at Evans Cycles with the aim to develop a range of well designed, affordable, quality bikes with a community of enthusiasts behind it.
Notes to editors:
- Evans Cycles is the UK’s leading specialist bike retailer, stocking a wide range of products including road bikes, mountain bikes & hybrid bikes, cycling clothing, accessories and brands like Scott bikes and Specialized.
- Evans Cycles’ colleagues are passionate about cycling and combine expert knowledge with a desire to help everyone get out cycling whatever their interests or experience.
- Evans Cycles has evolved from a family-owned shop opened on the Kennington Road in London in 1921 to a nationwide chain of 50 shops.