Get Living London Unveils Show Apartments and Prices for Private Rental Homes at East Village
Images and details released of the new homes and new way of renting at the former Athletes’ Village
LONDON, 18th September, 2013/PRNewswire/- New images and details have been released today of the private rental homes at London’s newest neighbourhood, East Village, giving Londoners the chance to rent a new home at the former Athletes’ Village.
Get Living London, the residential owner and rental management company, has today announced prices for their privately rented homes at East Village. A range of show apartments has also been unveiled, allowing prospective residents the chance to view the quality of the new homes, and to find out more about the new standard of service, design and furnishings Get Living London offers for the rental market.
There are a range of contemporary new homes to suit everyone, from 1 and 2 bedroom apartments for young professionals and couples, to 3 and 4 bedroom apartments and townhouses for sharers and families. Prices start from £310 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £370 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £475 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £515 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.
East Village offers renters the chance to live in a prestige new address on the doorstep of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and in one of the best-connected parts of London. The new homes are set within a landscaped area the size of St James’ Park featuring new parklands, trees, public areas and open space. All homes have access to shared courtyards, townhouses have private terraces, and most apartments have at least one balcony with some featuring winter gardens (a partially-enclosed glazed area).
The new homes have been designed to provide open plan living space with an abundance of natural light and all will feature as standard fitted wardrobes in all bedrooms, wooden flooring in all living areas, fitted curtains and blinds, and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances.
In addition, homes will be offered either unfurnished or furnished at no extra cost and Get Living London has teamed up with acclaimed designer Wayne Hemingway MBE and the HemingwayDesign team to set new standards of furnishing for the private rental market.
Under HemingwayDesign’s guidance, furnished homes will feature key pieces by some of Britain’s leading designers, including a bed and bedside tables for each bedroom, sofas and armchairs, a dining table and 4 chairs, coffee table, TV console and a café table and 2 chairs for all balconies.
Later this month a Get Living London Management Office will open at East Village, allowing people to find out more about the new neighbourhood and the new homes Get Living London has to offer. Along with providing spacious homes and stylish furnishings, Get Living London aims to make renting in London a better experience. There will be a long term commitment to:
- Charging no fees or hidden costs – residents will pay no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, check-in fees or inventory fees
- Flexible and long-term tenancies – people can choose between one, two or three year tenancies with residents-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
- No agents or middlemen – residents will be able to rent directly from Get Living London offering them a direct relationship with a quality landlord without any agents or ‘middlemen’
- Delivering exceptional levels of service – the Get Living London Management Office at East Village will be open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and at weekends to respond quickly and efficiently to residents’ needs. With immediate access to a dedicated team, residents can count on a speedy response to any requests or enquiries.
- The best of city living all in one place – the new neighbourhood brings together new homes and buildings designed by 16 of the world’s leading architects, together with a new school and healthcare facilities, the world-class sports and leisure facilities of the Olympic Park, and the retail facilities of Westfield as well as further plans for more than 30 local shops and cafés in East Village
The launch of show apartments and pricing comes as renters in the capital continue to show a keen interest in Get Living London’s new way of renting. Since Get Living London was launched, nearly 4,000 people have registered their interest in living in the private rented homes at East Village.
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented, “We are delighted to unveil our new show apartments at East Village, giving people chance to see the high-quality new homes we have available. Whether for families, couples or cosmopolitan young Londoners, Get Living London offers a new way of renting – no fees, no ‘middlemen’, just modern, spacious new homes with stylish furniture and a range of flexible long-term tenancies. With our show apartments now available, we look forward to introducing renters to all that Get Living London and East Village have to offer.”
Wayne Hemingway MBE, who is helping oversee the furnishings and interior design of Get Living London’s show apartments and new homes, said: “It’s great to help shape a crucial part of the Olympic legacy and be involved in a project that tackles the major issue of housing in London but does so with design flair at its heart. These are quality new homes so it’s important they have furnishings and interior design to match. We’ve focussed on the Best of British, sourcing well-made furniture and craftmanship from some of Britain’s leading designers. A person’s home is just about as important as it gets so we hope the furniture we’ve chosen will allow residents to relax and enjoy their new home in East Village.”
The new homes at East Village are now undergoing final checks and fittings by the Olympic Delivery Authority with the first properties to be handed back to Get Living London in the coming weeks, ready for the first residents to move in shortly afterwards.
Londoners can find out more about the new homes now by going to www.getlivinglondon.com or phoning +44(0)20-3701-7900. Later this month the Get Living London Management Office will open at East Village, allowing people to find out more about the new neighbourhood and new homes.
Notes to Editors:
- A range of images and broadcast-quality footage of Get Living London show apartments and East Village are available
- For media enquires please contact Shula Pannick/Bea Bishop, The Communication Group plc, +44-20-7630-1411 / email@example.com
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company that is helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village – the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options, and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in an East Village home. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners – East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into the new homes.
Key facts about East Village:
New homes for Londoners
- A range of new homes, designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
- 11 individually designed areas provide neighbourhood character
- Spans over 27 hectares of land, equivalent to St James’s Park
- More than 10 hectares of new parks and open space
- Mature landscaped gardens with five park areas, public squares, play areas and courtyards
- Next to The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – 285 hectares of parkland, waterways, and nature trails connected by paths for jogging cycling and walking
Time and choice
- One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London
- Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offering links to London’s key locations –
reach the west end in 20 minutes, St Pancras International in 7 minutes (by High Speed 1), Canary Wharf in 12 minutes, Ashford in less than 30 minutes and London airports within an hour
- Over 30 local and independent shops, cafes and restaurants
- Steps away from Westfield Stratford City, one of Europe’s largest shopping centre parks
- Adjacent to the world-class sporting venues of The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- A world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, with 1,800 places for students aged 3-19
- A state-of-the-art medical centre with a full range of healthcare service
- Just under 10% of East Village’s 2,818 homes specifically adapted for disabled people. These 240 homes have been designed to exceed industry standards set by HABINTEG and are 100% ‘Lifetime Homes Compliant’
- Adapted homes have design features to allow for chairlifts, hoists and rails to be installed throughout, kitchens have clear spaces underneath work surfaces, all electrical switches are easily accessible and there are downstairs bedrooms and bathroom facilities in all homes of more than two storeys
Get Living London