Women Everywhere Can Now Experience a Great Hair Day Thanks to Dove® Hair
The Dove® Great Hair Affair Empowers Women to Feel the Difference of Beautiful-Looking Hair, Every Day
Haga clic aquí para ver este comunicado de prensa en Español.
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — A case of the frizzies or limp locks can leave women downright cranky. Every day a woman’s hair is subjected to a multitude of harsh elements, stripping necessary moisture from the hair, leaving it dry, rough, damaged and many times flat. In hopes of women beating bad hair days once and for all, Dove® Hair is giving women a great hair day by introducing the NEW Dove® Daily Moisture and NEW Dove® Intensive Repair formulas at the Dove® Great Hair Affair Tour. Women everywhere can show-off their beautifully smooth, moisturized hair by participating in the tour as it travels from coast-to-coast or by visiting Dove.com/GreatHairAffair for a chance to win* prizes.
“Women are always asking me to unlock the secret to no more bad hair days,” said Dove® Celebrity Stylist, Mark Townsend. “I know that the foundation to any great hair day starts when a woman chooses a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that does not weigh hair down. Using a hair care system, like the NEW Dove® Daily Moisture formula, that delivers up to five times smoother hair, in just one wash**, nourishing hair from the inside out, or the NEW Dove® Intensive Repair formula, which provides smoothness and strength and prevents split ends and breakage, helps ensure that every strand is healthy-looking, shiny and full of life.”
Dry, damaged, unmanageable and weighed down hair is a struggle many women face and for most, achieving beautifully smooth hair is a victory that can power their entire day. Recently, Dove® Hair conducted the Great Hair Day Survey*** to better understand how a woman’s hair can impact her day and found the following:
Women are struggling everyday to tame their mane.
- 70 percent of women have not found the solution on how to have a great hair day
- 74 percent of women are always looking for new products to help their hair look great
- On average, women use at least two products to tame a bad hair day
Bad hair days can cause “camera shy” moments.
- 2 in 5 women have refused to be in photos on a bad hair day
- With good hair on their side, 50 percent of women are more likely to post a picture of themselves on Facebook®
The power of a great hair day…
- 80 percent of women feel more confident on a great hair day compared to a bad one.
- More than 90 percent agree that a great hair day can positively impact their whole day
- Nearly 85 percent of women agree that everyday events like going out for dinner are better when they are having a great hair day
Enjoy the Dove® Great Hair Affair Experience
Dove® Hair understands the desire to have beautifully smooth hair and is helping women give their locks, and themselves, some love. There are two ways to participate:
- Attend the Dove® Great Hair Affair Tour presented by Glamour:
- New York City (Thursday, July 11 in Times Square from 1 – 8 p.m.).
- Chicago (Thursday, July 18 at Pioneer Court Plaza from 1 – 8 p.m.).
- Los Angeles (Thursday, July 25 at The Grove from 1 – 8 p.m.).
The Dove® Great Hair Affair offers a great hair day to women by giving them a free wash and style (on a first come, first serve basis) with the NEW Dove® Daily Moisture formulas, as well as free samples (while supplies last), in the following locations:
- Join the Experience Online at Dove.com/GreatHairAffair:
Now through September 30, 2013, Dove® Hair wants women to show-off their great hair day at Dove.com/GreatHairAffair by simply uploading or pinning a photo of their beautifully soft and smooth results for a chance to win* thousands of prizes.
The Foundation of a Great Hair Day
Dove® Hair introduces two NEW hair care formulas: Dove® Daily Moisture which delivers up to five times smoother hair, in just one wash** and Dove® Intensive Repair, which provides smoothness and makes hair stronger by reducing breakage and preventing split ends. In addition, the NEW Dove® Daily Moisture and Intensive Repair conditioner formulas offer women unique formulas containing different technologies in the brand’s most effective conditioner yet. The collections also contain ingredients which penetrate deep down to the hair’s cellular level, and provide beautifully moisturized hair:
- Pro-Moisture Complex in the NEW Dove® Daily Moisture formula is infused with a blend of amino acids – Lyseine and Argenine – both known to penetrate hair.
- Tri-silicone technology in the NEW Dove® Daily Moisture Shampoo and NEW Dove® Intensive Repair Shampoo formulas is comprised of three different sized moisture molecules to provide exceptional moisturization.
- Keratin Repair Actives in the NEW Dove® Intensive Repair formula work on the keratin already present in your hair, repairing proteins at the cellular level.
- A unique Microsheet structure in the NEW Dove® Daily Moisture Conditioner and NEW Dove® Intensive Repair Conditioner formulas evenly distributes moisture ingredients to every strand of hair.
“Undeniably, there is a powerful relationship between a woman feeling her hair is beautiful and the positive impact it has on her day,” said Jennifer Healy, Director, Unilever Hair Care. “That is why we are excited to help connect women with the experience of a great day by ensuring their hair looks and feels its best every day.”
Dove, manufactured by Unilever, is the No. 1 personal wash brand nationwide. One in every three households uses a Dove product, which includes beauty bars, body washes, face care, anti-perspirant/deodorants, body mists, hair care and styling aids. Dove Men+Care™ is the newest range of products from Dove, developed specially for men. Dove is available nationwide in food, drug and mass outlet stores.
About Unilever North America
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong operations in more than 100 countries and sales in 180. With products that are used over two billion times a day around the world, we work to create a better future every day and help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. In the United States and Canada the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, fds, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-Tips, Ragu, Simple, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Soft & Beautiful, St. Ives, Suave, tcb, TIGI, TRESemmé, Vaseline, and Wish-Bone. All of the preceding brand names are registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs more than 13,000 people across North America – generating over $9 billion in sales in 2011. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com or www.unilever.ca.
*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Dove Great Hair Affair Instant Win Game is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older. Begins 12:00:01 PM ET on 7/10/13 & ends 11:59:59 PM ET on 9/30/13. For official rules, visit Dove.com/GreatHairAffair.
**Dove® Daily Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner system vs. non-conditioning shampoo.
***Dove® Hair Care Study, national survey of 1,000 women 18-49, conducted by Edelman Berland (February 2013)
# # #