TRIPADVISOR NAMES HOT NEW HOTELS ACROSS THE GLOBE
Recently Opened and Highly-Rated Properties Identified by TripAdvisor Community Tweet
NEWTON, Mass. – October 15, 2013 – /PRNewswire/ – TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel site*, today announced its inaugural list of Hot New Hotels. Recognizing 33 hotels in 18 countries worldwide that opened within the last year1, these properties have provided guests with memorable experiences and have earned a minimum of four out of five bubble rating on TripAdvisor.
“TripAdvisor has identified the new hotels that have made lasting impressions on our community since opening their doors,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer at TripAdvisor. “Whether traveling internationally or close to home, we encourage travelers to check out, or ‘check-in’ to these new hotels on the scene that are getting high reviews from other travelers.”
Hot New Hotels – U.S.
1. 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, Bentonville, Arkansas
2. Refinery Hotel, New York City, New York
3. Zero George Street, Charleston, South Carolina
4. Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
5. El Encanto by Orient-Express, Santa Barbara, California
6. The Alexander, Indianapolis, Indiana
7. Hotel Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
8. The James Royal Palm, Miami Beach, Florida
9. Weekapaug Inn, Westerly, Rhode Island
10. The Jade Hotel, New York City, New York
Hot New Hotels – World
1. Hotel Casa San Agustin, Cartagena, Colombia
2. Kura Design Villas Uvita, Uvita, Costa Rica
3. Taj Palace Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
4. 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, Bentonville, Arkansas
5. Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square, Vilnius, Lithuania
6. Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, Shanghai, China
7. Refinery Hotel, New York City, New York
8. The Ampersand Hotel, London, United Kingdom
9. Four Seasons Hotel Baku, Baku, Azerbaijan
10. Zero George Street, Charleston, South Carolina
In addition to the U.S. and world, TripAdvisor has highlighted Hot New Hotels in Europe and Asia.
1 Hotels included in the ranking opened between June 2012 and July 2013 and have since received a minimum of 30 reviews.
TripAdvisor® is the world’s largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 260 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 100 million reviews and opinions covering more than 2.7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 34 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 20 other travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.everytrail.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travelpod.com, www.virtualtourist.com, www.whereivebeen.com, and www.kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, June 2013
**Source: Google Analytics, worldwide data, July 2013
©2013 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved.