Corporate, Brand & Interactive
Communications Manager Jaguar
Land Rover North America, LLC
LAND ROVER UNVEILS MARKETING CAMPAIGN TO LAUNCH ALL-NEW 2014 RANGE ROVER SPORT
- Range Rover Sport, Top-Selling Land Rover Vehicle in North America, in showrooms and starting at $63,495*
- New campaign theme, “Driven to Another Level,” underscores the car’s attributes and captures the personality of the target customer
- TV spot re-creates world record set by Range Rover Sport at Pikes Peak
- Campaign extensions include robust digital components, reflecting key interests of brand enthusiasts
(MAHWAH, NJ) — Sept. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Land Rover North America announced the details of the global advertising and marketing campaign for the all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport, the fastest, most agile and responsive Land Rover vehicle ever. The campaign theme, “Driven to Another Level,” underscores the car’s attributes and captures the personality of the brand’s target customer for the fully redesigned Range Rover Sport.
The all-new Range Rover Sport was first revealed to the world at the 2013 New York International Auto Show — New York being the number one market in the world for Range Rover Sport — and completes the newly redesigned Range Rover line up that started with the Range Rover Evoque and then Range Rover. The Range Rover Sport is the top-selling Land Rover vehicle in the U.S. and fuels the brand’s steady momentum, including a 15 percent boost in sales in 2012 and a 14 percent lift, year-to-date. The all-new 2014 model is only the second generation of the vehicle since its launch in 2005. In those eight years, 120,000 Range Rover Sport vehicles have been sold in North America.
“The all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport is a hallmark Land Rover representing true breadth of capability with incredible on-road and off-road handling and performance," said Kim McCullough, Brand Vice President, Land Rover North America. “We developed a campaign that lives up to this remarkable car, with creative that communicates its unique attributes and media properties that connect with our core customer who is as capable and driven as the Range Rover Sport itself.”
The multi-channel campaign will incorporate creative elements across television, print and digital, along with several non-traditional brand partnerships. Y&R/Wunderman was responsible for the creative, while Mindshare managed the media planning and buying.
The commercial for the all-new Range Rover Sport aired earlier this week during Premier League soccer, the English football league shown exclusively on NBC Sports. TV will continue through November. The spot re-creates the real-life feat the car achieved when it set the world record for a production-standard Sport Utility Vehicle on the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb course on June 6.
Subsequently, many campaign components are digitally-focused, including: interactive web banner ads that enable a consumer to activate a Range Rover Sport driving experience on their mobile device; rich media mobile ads that bring multiple aspects of the car to life, from its “capable” driving experience, to its signature interior; and, an interactive film –– “Race the Sun” –– that puts the user in the driver seat to put the Range Rover Sport through its paces in five different scenarios to showcase the breadth of capability, both on and off road. Race the Sun features game components to test speed, agility and off- road handling, and you can explore the interior and exterior in an immersive 360 experience.
Other campaign highlights include:
- A 5-page, high-impact interactive print spread featuring image recognition technology that enables readers to wave their mobile device over the creative, activating it, to “feel,” “see,” and “hear” more about the new Range Rover Sport. Creative will run in November issues of Esquire and Car & Driver as well as the December issue of Wired
- Presenting sponsor of “The Live Climb” which follows Alex Honnold as he attempts the first ever solo free climb of an urban skyscraper airing on National Geographic Channel
- Multi-media partnerships with Men’s Journal, Outside and ESPN that feature original video series, “The Driven” telling the story of innovators and adventure seekers as they focus on their next achievement
Land Rover recently announced U.S. sales for the month of August. Closing out the month, the brand saw an increase of 32 percent driven by extremely strong results for the newly launched Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Evoque; making it the best August sales month ever.
The all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport is Land Rover’s fastest, most responsive and agile car to ever hit the market. It’s capabilities for on and off-road terrain is unlike any other car of its kind and provides drivers with the ideal balance of sport and luxury. It features an all-new high strength aluminum unibody architecture to achieve a weight savings of approximately 800lbs for a unique mix of sporting luxury and a dynamic, engaging driving experience. The technologically advanced Range Rover Sport presents an assertive and muscular exterior, luxurious interior, and the practical flexibility provided by the option of 5+2 third row seating. The all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport is in showrooms now and starts at $63,495*.
# # #
*Price shown is MSRP. Includes destination. Excludes, tax, title, license, retailer fees and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover retailer for details.
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover vehicle is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today’s Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover employs 25 000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
- In the 2012/13 fiscal year, Jaguar Land Rover has reported revenues of $23.8 billion, up 17% year on year ($20.4 billion last year)
- Jaguar Land Rover has test facilities across the USA in the following states: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada. Jaguar Land Rover has offices in the following locations: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
- Jaguar Land Rover is represented by more than 330 independently operated retail outlets in the USA
The All-New Range Rover Sport – “To The Top” TV Commercial